By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - CW's Supernatural |OT|

I thought about starting watching this, but then saw its +240 episodes, and still not over. I dont really like long running shows. Sweet spot is 60-90 episodes.

Around the Network

Added Promo for Episode 18 to OP also a piece on how Jared and Jensen would like the series to end just for fun, It's not up to them but still interesting.

Jared

I watched through ‘Swan Song’ and the scene of the boys laying on the hood of the Impala. I think that’d be a nice way to go out if we had to — watching the end of the world.”

“Or looking up at us from the trunk and throwing the weapons in and saying we’ve got work to do. All of those kind of leave room for opinion and room for interpretation. I don’t think we should see the boys die or live, we should wonder.”

Jensen

“I don’t really know where it’s going to go. I always thought Dean would make the ultimate sacrifice for his brother. I guess if I had to choose something, that’s probably what I would choose.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2958263/supernatural-stars-jensen-ackles-and-jared-padalecki-weigh-in-on-the-end-of-the-series/

-

Would prefer Jared's honestly, the sacrifice thing is done too much, I don't think either of them will get a fully happy ending.

The last episode was pretty good and it's great to get back to the main story. It'll definitely be interesting to see if HE shows up and if he does, who he is exactly (considering all of the speculation). Also, it looks like the "long wait" for the next episode (April 27) is nothing but bleh, since it appears to be more "filler."

That episode was amazing -

Chuck and Metatron were awesome together, the first time in a long time I've actually liked Metatron in an episode or maybe ever? xD

God is a dick too but I love Chuck as him, looks like he's going to die at the end of the season, Metatron's reaction to reading the last page and the song he was singing, he'll probably sacrafice himself to defeat Metatron (At least it won't be Sam and Dean soloing a powerful creature again Lol) then Death (Who I still don't believe is dead) will come reap God like he said he would.

Really want Cas to meet him too, Crowley meeting him would be fun

Edit - Ending was great too =P

Yeah, although the big reveal was seen coming from a mile, it was still a great episode. Chuck and Metatron's interaction with each other was absolutely amazing and the definite highlight of the episode.

Around the Network

‘Supernatural’ Names New Showrunners As Jeremy Carver Moves To ‘Frequency’

Supernatural showrunner Jeremy Carver, whose drama pilot Frequency was picked up to series by the CW, is moving to the new series as showrunner. Supernatural executive producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb will taking over the helm for the series’ upcoming Season 12 as new showrunners

Singer has served an executive producer/director and occasional writer on Supernatural since the first season. Dabb signed on in Season 4 as writer/story editor, rising to co-executive producer. Carver has been showrunner of Supernatural since Season 8 after joining the series as a writer in Season 3. He left at the end of Season 5 to work on Being Human at Syfy and returned to Supernatural in Season 8 to assume showrunner duties.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/jeremy-carver-moves-frequency-showrunner-supernatural-1201755805/

That was a good episode but a few disappointing things.

Gabriel confirmed dead, sigh, lol. I was always hoping that he just pulled another trick and that episode where Castiel met him again left it open if he was alive or not.

Luci went out like a chump, that was pretty shitty.

The explanation for not bringing back Michael just seemed like a weak excuse because they can't get the actor back, unless it's a mental issue but I don't think Michael would be that easily broken.

He could have at least just bought back one Archangel (Gabriel xD) even if it does take a little time, did they really think 4 Witches, Some Demons and an Angel smite would make up for 3 Archangels?

Chuck looks like a chump still, power wise he's been disappointing and now he's dying...feel like he should have just died lol, unless this is all part of his plan, he clearly is strong but most of what he has done is defensive, blocking powers, warding himself but he hasn't really done anything offensive.

The fight was pretty cool and felt lacking at the same time, feel like the angels should have done more and the demon attack was barely an attack until Crowley came out like a badass and slammed her into the car xD but it didn't feel like enough to put her in the state she was in when she came into the room, although she suddenly went OP anyway and I can't really blame them too much for not having a huge battle, it is on CW =P

Rowena didn't annoy me for once, Crowley being awesome as always and Luci/Chuck talk was great.

News:

Supernatural moving to Thursday this Fall 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/19/cw-fall-schedule

Yeah, that last episode left a bit to be desired, although I still liked the episode. Chuck has been underwhelming since his reveal as the big guy, and Amara seems to be quite OP, despite being brought to her knees after the onslaught she received from the witches/demons/angels. Honestly, I hope they don't do anything stupid like permanently kill off Chuck in the season finale, although it would make a set up for the next season (I don't see Amara going down yet), considering I don't know what else they can do with the series after The Darkness/God.

Huh, wasn't expecting that tbh.

I'm happy with the way they resolved Amara's arc, fucking glad it didn't end with one of the brother's sacraficing themselves again, Amara never felt pure evil, she was just angry at Chuck most of the time and he just ignored her, I didn't really want either one to die, it was a slow finale but different from the usual finales which I guess is what I enjoyed about it, though I thought maybe they would both get locked away together, I'm happy with this option too.

Glad they left Lucifer's 'death' ambiguous, Castiel said something like she expelled him? so he could still be alive somewhere.

Men of Letters plot did nothing for me or their mum coming back, I doubt Sam is dead, maybe a shot in the arm since she did say she was going to "bring him in". Cliffhangers fell flat for me and I hope humans aren't the main villain next season.

+ Crowley as always xD

Still don't believe Death is dead, I'll never let go until it's outright confirmed like Gabriel xD.

This season overall was amazing though, I'd probably place it just below Season 5.

Edit - I liked a few Gaf ideas, Cosmic Horror's, Lovecraftian Gods.

This sounds good to me

An ongoing theme in Lovecraft's work is the complete irrelevance of mankind in the face of the cosmic horrors that apparently exist in the universe, with Lovecraft constantly referring to the "Great Old Ones": a loose pantheon of ancient, powerful deities from space who once ruled the Earth and who have since fallen into a deathlike sleep.

Though worshipped by deranged human (and inhuman) cults, these beings are generally imprisoned or restricted in their ability to interact with most people (beneath the sea, inside the Earth, in other dimensions, and so on), at least until the hapless protagonist is unwittingly exposed to them.

The majority of these have physical forms that the human mind is incapable of processing; simply viewing them renders the viewer incurably insane.

They could have took their "deathlike sleep" in the plane where time doesn't exist for Supernatural.

Thread is dead but here's some news =P

‘Supernatural’ To Go On Till Jared Padalecki And Jensen Ackles Stay

“As long as Jared and Jensen, who are the heart of the show, are up for it, then anything’s possible. There’s as many episodes as there are ghost stories, and there’s thousands of ghost stories. As long as everyone’s having fun and Jared and Jensen are having fun, they’ll keep doing it,” showrunner Eric Kripke stated.

Movie News Guide reports that the CW has even loosely confirmed that Supernatural Season 12 will not be the end. It has pre-approved Season 13, continuing its run as the longest-running show on the network. Supernatural started on the WB and has been on the CW since its conception.

Source 1 & Source 2

Jensen Ackles Won't Direct This Season, Focusing On Acting

“I just decided to take the first part of the season easy,” says the Supernatural star. “Twenty-three episodes [per season] is a long, long shoot, and I usually would direct the first episode that we would film.”

Throughout the past five seasons of Supernatural, Mr. Ackles has directed the first episode, but now he feels he needs to take a break from that and reinvest his time as Dean Winchester. The Supernatural actor cites no alarming reason for the change, other than he feels he needs to focus more attention on his acting. Jensen adds that Season 12 contains some very difficult episodes, suggesting that they may be emotionally and physically challenging.

Source

Misha Collins Reveals “Cas Has Got His Mojo Back” In Season 12, Back to Show Roots for Season 12

“Season 12 is actually going to feel like we’re getting back to the show’s roots,” Collins says. “It’s going to feel a lot like earlier seasons of the show, which I’m excited about. And the same really goes for my character in particular.”

“But it actually, as this season is unfolding, it feels like that is what’s happening,” Collins says. “Cas has got his mojo back. Finally. I’m so excited about that. I’m excited to see it unfold. I have a feeling that the fans won’t be disappointed.”

Source

Supernatural Season 12 Premiere: October 13th, Episode 1 Synopsis

Jensen has also revealed that Season 12 premiere episode will focus entirely on Mary (Samantha Smith). Just like the viewers, Dean will also be looking for to a justification for the unusual reoccurrence of their mother. The premiere episodes of Season 12 will also reveal Sam's (Jared Padalecki) destiny, as the last season's finale marked that he was shot. Not only this, but it will also deal with Lady Toni (Elizabeth Blackmore) of the Men of letters, who repelled Sam and was lastly witnessed putting a bullet into the younger Winchester, right before the scene ended.

Source