By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Listed For £350 By Swiss Retailer

That's a pretty great price, actually!

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
barneystinson69 said:

I don't want to sound negative, but if its going to cost this much, its almost certainly dead in the water.

considering that rift sales exceeding expectations at a price 599$/740€ - confirmed increase in production - and the strong resonance, ps vr is everything but dead in the water. only aspect that could hinder ps vr to have a good start is lack of games.

Your selling to a much tougher crowd. How many people do you think are willing to spend 400$ for a VR headset when their console is already 300$? Now I could be 100% wrong, but I predict sales will be slow for a long time.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
Zoombael said:

considering that rift sales exceeding expectations at a price 599$/740€ - confirmed increase in production - and the strong resonance, ps vr is everything but dead in the water. only aspect that could hinder ps vr to have a good start is lack of games.

Your selling to a much tougher crowd. How many people do you think are willing to spend 400$ for a VR headset when their console is already 300$? Now I could be 100% wrong, but I predict sales will be slow for a long time.

i wonder what makes you think this way? * scratching head rethorically*

Hunting Season is done...

So... the VR might actually be more expensive than the console itselft. Yeah, it won't sell that much on its first year (except FW ofc, which will have a lot of enthusiasts buying it).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

So... the VR might actually be more expensive than the console itselft. Yeah, it won't sell that much on its first year (except FW ofc, which will have a lot of enthusiasts buying it).

To shed some clarity on this: How much is that much? Would you say OR sold much?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
barneystinson69 said:

Because the majority of the fanbase of PS aren't hardcore gamers. I guarentee you, most are casual's who wouldn't give a shit. I know I sound pesimistic, but if its above 199$-249$, it probably won't sell into the millions.

Now like I said, I could be completely wrong. I want to see what kind of software to expect, and the pricing.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

GribbleGrunger said:
People are looking at this in the wrong way. This isn't going to be releasing in the hope people buy a PS4/Camera/MOVE, it's releasing to people who already have the PS4/Camera (MOVE is optional). It may shift a few PS4s at some point but that's not the aim and the reason Sony are positioning it as a product in its own right. You wouldn't see a Blu-ray advert ending with 'TV not included' and it's the same here.

This is a great post.

It will bomb The price is not mass market price so only hardcore vr fans will buy it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Normchacho said:
Considering the Rift costs 499 pounds in the UK while it costs $599 in the U.S. if the 347 pound price it true that converts to about $420 in the U.S.

Probably still wrong, but much more realistic.

Uk always pay more when stuff gets coverted (eg. PS4 £350/$400)

So if the price is true and about £350, then expect it to be $400 in the US and 400 euros. Sounds about right for the basic package (VR and camera)

barneystinson69 said:
Zoombael said:

Because the majority of the fanbase of PS aren't hardcore gamers. I guarentee you, most are casual's who wouldn't give a shit. I know I sound pesimistic, but if its above 199$-249$, it probably won't sell into the millions.

Now like I said, I could be completely wrong. I want to see what kind of software to expect, and the pricing.

Can I say that you are dangerously slipping back into "super6646" territory.