By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:

7 hours since last update:

#12 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (same)
#31 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 6)
#36 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 6)
#48 N3DS Black (same)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 1 in the top 100

The Xbox One has so many bundles.   This is why I believe that we will never see a vinilla Xbox One again.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

Actually, the gap shrank to about 550k after last holiday season. The XBO won by ~400k last November and ~200K last December.

Whoops. I must have punched in a wrong number somewhere on my calculator. I redid the calculations and the LTD gap as of the end of 2014 was indeed much lower than 750k. More like 520-530k. The gap as of October 2014 was still about 1150k.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

So when is the cut off date for Dec's NPD?

barneystinson69 said:

The reason Halo didn't sell console's is because there wasn't a standard bundle. Sorry, but I wouldn't pay 500$ for an XB1 either. On top of the fact they lost COD, and Sony had star wars, it was obvious as to why Microsoft was going to lose.

When Halo 3 was released they had a limited edition Halo-themed 360 released alongside it. Not a bundle. Just the system; the game was sold separately. Halo 3 still pushed more hardware than Halo 5 did, in both absolute and relative terms.

Blood_Tears said:

I think Sunday is the last day.

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Shadow1980 said:

Blood_Tears said:

I think Sunday is the last day.

Nice, should be a great month for sales.

Around the Network

Originally Posted by Abdiel

I'm at work so this will be short, but I'm pretty comfortable in my statement that the ps4 won for best buy this month. The extra time with the xb1 at the lower price didn't make much difference, as I said in other threads. Serious difference in momentum and the push behind their respective products. Also, star wars killed it.

Great month. I'm glad it's over. I survived another year. Fuck the holidays man. Haha.

The PS5 Exists. 

I'll be putting up the January thread shortly. I just need to coordinate things with Teeqoz.

I will still be updating this thread as we will still be getting updated December rankings at least until Monday and Week 5 numbers until Wednesday.

Here's today's update to the monthly ranks:

PS4 Star Wars basic bundle: #3 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: either #15 (—)
PS4 NDC (disc) bundle: #39 (—)
New 3DS XL (black): #41 (—)
XBO 1TB 3-game bundle: #53 (↓1)
Wii U MK8 bundle: #57 (—)
PS4 COD bundle: #94 (↑3)

And here's the update for Week 5:

PS4 COD bundle (standard): #32 (↑5)
PS4 Star Wars bundle: #41 (↑15)
New 3DS XL (Black): #66 (↑19)
XBO Gears bundle: #77 (↓8)

New 3DS XL (black): #42 (↓1)
XBO 1TB 3-game bundle: #54 (↓1)
PS4 COD bundle: #94 (—)

PS4 COD bundle (standard): #28 (↑4)
PS4 Star Wars bundle: #38 (↑3)
New 3DS XL (Black): #62 (↑4)
XBO Gears bundle: #76 (↑1)

Shadow1980 said:

New 3DS XL (black): #42 (↓1)
XBO 1TB 3-game bundle: #54 (↓1)
PS4 COD bundle: #94 (—)

PS4 COD bundle (standard): #28 (↑4)
PS4 Star Wars bundle: #38 (↑3)
New 3DS XL (Black): #62 (↑4)
XBO Gears bundle: #76 (↑1)

Oh wow.   How did this happen.  Does this mean that the PS4 won all 5 weeks on Amazon?