By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

Still disappointed, especially when you compare it with the Wind Waker HD remake...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
captain carot said:
That's quite discussable.
After playing OoT 3D the N64 version looked like shit to me, especially with it's framerate issues. Emulator with HD texures wasn't that bad.

More important, if you take away the resolution benefits on an HDTV by playing WW GC on Dolphin it might not look as shiny but still pretty well (if you like the art style of course) because of the cartoony look.
And i'm talking about WW GC without texture packs or so.
That said, WWHD has all those graphical improvements that TPHD is missing.

TPHD right now looks way more outdated as the original Wind Waker on Dolphin (or an SDTV).

For the record, I deeply dislike Wind Waker's art style. For me, Twilight Princess looks better, aesthetically anyway. 

As for WWHD, even disregarding resolution, which is still a pretty big differentiator at 480p vs 1080p, I reckon it still looks massively different from the GC original courtesy of its new lighting model and the redone textures.

Miyamotoo said:
Improved resolution: ✓
Improved textures: ✓
Better frame rate: ✓
New lighting technique: X (This could make the game look a lot better and they have time to implement it, can happen).

To add to this that probably will be some pretty good gamepad integration like in WW HD.

Miyamotoo said:
Improved resolution: ✓
Improved textures: ✓
Better frame rate: ✓
New lighting technique: X (This could make the game look a lot better and they have time to implement it, can happen).

While the lighting looks almost the same the shadows are actually alot darker and far more defined in tp hd.

curl-6 said:
captain carot said:
That's quite discussable.
After playing OoT 3D the N64 version looked like shit to me, especially with it's framerate issues. Emulator with HD texures wasn't that bad.

More important, if you take away the resolution benefits on an HDTV by playing WW GC on Dolphin it might not look as shiny but still pretty well (if you like the art style of course) because of the cartoony look.
And i'm talking about WW GC without texture packs or so.
That said, WWHD has all those graphical improvements that TPHD is missing.

TPHD right now looks way more outdated as the original Wind Waker on Dolphin (or an SDTV).

For the record, I deeply dislike Wind Waker's art style. For me, Twilight Princess looks better, aesthetically anyway. 

As for WWHD, even disregarding resolution, which is still a pretty big differentiator at 480p vs 1080p, I reckon it still looks massively different from the GC original courtesy of its new lighting model and the redone textures.

Haha, i dislike it too.

Sure, WW HD looks different. But at the same time WW GC without all those changes but in HD also looks good. And often not that much different. I'd really say that TP HD would've benefited more from an overhaul as big as Wind Wakers, even if it keeps the low poly meshes.

Around the Network
captain carot said:
curl-6 said:

Haha, i dislike it too.

Sure, WW HD looks different. But at the same time WW GC without all those changes but in HD also looks good. And often not that much different. I'd really say that TP HD would've benefited more from an overhaul as big as Wind Wakers, even if it keeps the low poly meshes.

In that we are agreed. Updating the lighting model from DX7 level to DX10/11 level would have greatly improved the overall look.

Still, I get the sense that this is a rather modestly budgeted production, without the investment required to heavily rework the graphics. Nintendo might also have Tantalus on a very short leash as far as changing the original designs.

It look better now!! :) But i still won't buy the game because i have already played it just 2 years ago

It looked like shit on the stream tbh.

Now this is another thing, it really does look like an HD remaster.

Will get the amiibo version day 1 but will end up playing it in like a year, im kinda on a Zelda marathon lately lol.

Now... what to do with my Wii version? i'll probably sell it, i don't think this game was really intended as a motion game, so an HD version with gamecube controls? yup i'm buying it.

Goodnightmoon said:

Even though I'm disappointed at this remaster, I think it actually looks better than WW HD in these screenshots, I really like the artstyle. It's not as bad as people always said it was. Still getting it.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Wolf Link looks distractingly bad compared to the rest of the remaster. But other than that, a fairly solid job.