By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Hynad said:

Since I didn't get much time during the last few days, I will do things a little different.

Here are games from my list, ranking from number 9 to number 4. I am leaving my top 3 for later.

But for now, it's up to you to guess which one goes in what order. =P

Can you guess right?

#1 - FF6

#2 - Metal Gear Solid

#3 - The Witcher 2

#4 - FF4

#5 - Uncharted 2

#6 - Shenmue 2

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
#3 - Peelman's avatar.                                     
Clyde32 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Yes.

Lol. I'm glad to have been of service.

The first game on the podium is 'Super Mario 64'. A game which needs no introduction as it is one of the most well known and important games ever made. Even today, this game is just as amazing as it ever was, but back in the day, it was lightyears in front of anything we had seen up until then. Just title screen alone, where you could mold Mario's face by tugging and pulling it. Mindblowing.

Of course, it didn't stop there. Each level was a revelation of gaming, there was freedom in this game that was unprecedented. The game includes 15 courses, each with six Stars to collect, along with a bonus-Star when the player collects at least 100 coins in a level. Aside from these, there's the 'Castle Stars' which are found in secret levels or by completing some small task in the hub-world. It's essentially an open world game, where the player has every freedom to choose what course or what Star to tackle next. The only obstacle that blocks your progress are the Star Doors, which require a certain amount of Stars to open. Behind these, there's the Bowser level, which gets you a key to open the door to next floor in the castle.

The game got a remake on the DS handheld, which added extra levels, new Stars to collect, mini-games and extra playable characters. The remake renovated the art direction of the game to fit with more modern Mario games, and added touch-screen control in place of the monumental analogue stick controls. The remake's controls scheme couldn't match the original's though and often, even in new games, I find myself thinking developers should have taken a better look at 'Super Mario 64', when it every so often still does things better.

There's nothing to fault in this game, and for all intents and purposes, it's a perfect game. Polished to where you didn't think was possible. One would have thought Nintendo couldn't possibly outdo the achievement of 'Super Mario 64', but only a little later, we already knew better. The Nintendo 64 is truly the greatest video-game system ever released.

There's the bronze winner, next the silver:

The mid-game plot twist is so amazing, it shook the galaxy.

3 Hint: Cool guy with a scar is the main character "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Hynad said:

Since I didn't get much time during the last few days, I will do things a little different.

Here are games from my list, ranking from number 9 to number 4. I am leaving my top 3 for later.

But for now, it's up to you to guess which one goes in what order. =P

Can you guess right?

#1 - FF6

#2 - Metal Gear Solid

#3 - The Witcher 2

#4 - FF4

#5 - Uncharted 2

#6 - Shenmue 2

The order is from 9 through 4. ^_-

And you confused two games. =P

But you're right about the first and last game of the order, only they're number 9 and 4. 

3 Hint: Cool guy with a scar is the main character "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."
Hint 2: The main character of this game changed his name in a different game series where he is just a supporting character.

Wow, is my frog suit hint still unsolved? I figured it'd be gotten rather quick...

Small blue guy who runs fast, and is accompanied by a new orange character who is his side kick. He also has to stop a big egg shaped man who captures cute little animal friends...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:
Cloudman said:
Wow, is my frog suit hint still unsolved? I figured it'd be gotten rather quick...

Small blue guy who runs fast, and is accompanied by a new orange character who is his side kick. He also has to stop a big egg shaped man who captures cute little animal friends...

Seems like nobody saw it xP

Sonic 2

TwT Thanks BraLoD... I figured my hints were enough to get it solved quickly...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Too vague huh?

The mid-game plot twist is so amazing, it shook the galaxy.

Hint 2: How you ask? Well, it seems that this legendary villain prior to the start of the game, turns out to be... You.