By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

I don't know what to say... If they are releasing them to compensate for the lack of exclusives during long droughts, then I'm not happy. Personally, I'm tired of these remasters so I won't be buying them.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
It's obviously a cash grab move, and it's working for them, so of course they are going to keep it coming.

personally, im disgusted with what the gaming industry has become with cash grabs such as this, but what i at least ask from those of you who are fine with it is to just recognize this for what it is: a cash grab. don't fall for their line of crap, "well, a lot of people had other consoles while we were supporting the ps3, so this is a good way to show them what they missed."
go ahead and defend this practice, but do not try to tell me that this is the actual reason for it. they are porting games to the ps4 because it is easy money. recognize this for what it is. it is so obvious.

Amiibos.

mZuzek said:
AEGRO said:

Seeing how well made remasters like TLOU are selling on the Ps4 (3.16) in comparison to incredibly hyped exclusive games like Splatoon (1.13), i would say that people are voting with their wallets and thats what counts. 

Lol.

TLOUR has over a year of headstart in those sales numbers, was released on a ridiculously larger install base, and actually has more hype from the mainstream gaming media and "hardcore gamers". That said, Splatoon is already past 1.5m.

Splatoon is not hardcore?

Ka-pi96 said:
I'd love to see more remasters from the PS2/early PS3 days, rather than more recent games.

This. 

AEGRO said:
It's obviously a cash grab move, and it's working for them, so of course they are going to keep it coming.

personally, im disgusted with what the gaming industry has become with cash grabs such as this, but what i at least ask from those of you who are fine with it is to just recognize this for what it is: a cash grab. don't fall for their line of crap, "well, a lot of people had other consoles while we were supporting the ps3, so this is a good way to show them what they missed."
go ahead and defend this practice, but do not try to tell me that this is the actual reason for it. they are porting games to the ps4 because it is easy money. recognize this for what it is. it is so obvious.

Amiibos.

that has jack shit to do with anything that i said. this is about SONY's remasters. nintendo isnt porting wii games to the wii u, charging full price for them and calling them remasters. 

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

Dreams, R&C, GT7...

I forgot about R&C, but has GT7 been announced yet? And Dreams seems to not have a release date.

Kaz has said that GT7 will arrive before 2017, and I could be mistaken, but I believe they said dreams will be out in 2016.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Of course there will be. Some people may be complaining about them, but we keep proving to Sony that they are worth being made. People keep buying them, so sony will keep making them.

mZuzek said:
AEGRO said:

Seeing how well made remasters like TLOU are selling on the Ps4 (3.16) in comparison to incredibly hyped exclusive games like Splatoon (1.13), i would say that people are voting with their wallets and thats what counts. 

Lol.

TLOUR has over a year of headstart in those sales numbers, was released on a ridiculously larger install base, and actually has more hype from the mainstream gaming media and "hardcore gamers". That said, Splatoon is already past 1.5m.

yeah, its really funny how this user tried to compare these two games as if there is any comparison there. splatoon blew people's expectations out of the water. a game from a console that nobody takes seriously (nintendo's own fault) versus a console that has been steamrolling the competition. hmm i wonder whats going to win? lol

Easy money is what it all comes down to.

It's stupid to make remasters of games that came out last gen, but it's cheaper to make them since they can reuse most if not all of the game's assets. While remastering an older game is like basically making a game from scratch since none of the game's assets can be used on this day and age.

Remastering makes sense when a game the console originally comes from it's hard to find or too expensive. Remastering a game from a console that it's still being produced, it's plentiful in quantity and can be be bought on the cheap it's stupid.

Nintendo and PC gamer

AEGRO said:

Amiibos.

that has jack shit to do with anything that i said. this is about SONY's remasters. nintendo isnt porting wii games to the wii u, charging full price for them and calling them remasters. 

Sony isnt releasing happy meal toys with pieces of retail games. Without the Amiibos you have an incomplete game.