By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

I just dropped a somewhat absurd amount of money on memorabilia.  Won't say specifically, but there was a comma in the invoice, and I'll be heading to the stores first thing in the morning to pick up even more cheap junk.

Edit:  Interesting little stat I just heard since I'm jacked and can't sleep so I'm just watching the nfl network; teams that have scored a defensive touchdown in the super bowl have won 13 straight games.

Around the Network
cheshirescat said:

Yes, this is clear evidence that it wasn't a catch. The ball touching the ground would be okay if the receiver maintained control, but his hand clearly lost the grip of the ball.

Nevermind that the call on the field was an incomplete pass, so the video review would have had to show without a shred of a doubt that the receiver maintained control through the entire process. Had the ruling been a complete pass and Denver challenged the play, it's safe to say that the call would have been overturned.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Aww, poor Cam couldn't handle the post game press interviews.

noname2200 said:

What happened? Did he go all gangsta?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Not even a little bit. You could read the transcript if you'd like to get the full picture. It really won't take long.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14737633/transcript-cam-newton-postgame-comments-nfl

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

He'd have to be gangsta first.  He just sat there pouting with his hoodie on and left after three minutes.  Being sour and upset is fine, he could have sat there giving direct, curt answers all night, but stomping off like a petulant child--especially after reveling in all the attention as he did--is pathetic.

Also, all these talking heads on espn saying that cotchery drop was a catch, can't stop laughing.  I know their job is muckracking, but come on, in what bizarro world is that supposed to be a catch?

noname2200 said:

Not even a little bit. You could read the transcript if you'd like to get the full picture. It really won't take long.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14737633/transcript-cam-newton-postgame-comments-nfl

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that. I only read the text though.

Did he spit at the journalists?

Denver Broncos Safety TJ Ward after the game:

They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football.

D-A-M-N!

cheshirescat said:
Denver Broncos Safety TJ Ward after the game:

They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football.

D-A-M-N!

Now that is pathetic.

Demaryius Thomas pretty much had the worst post season performance for a number one receiver for a Super Bowl winning team. He pretty much didn't show up yesterday and against the Patriots and didn't do much against the Steelers either.