Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did the Xbox outsell the GameCube?

Ka-pi96 said:
Because one of them was purple and the other wasn't?

Yeah, mankind don't like purple... It's not like it symbolizes royality or something...
Unless the primary demographic of consoles were ancient Romans then I don't think the GC's color affected sales.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
bowserthedog said:

It didn't outsell the GameCube.

Yes , it did:

"With more than 825 Xbox games available and more than 24 million Xbox consoles sold worldwide, the community of Xbox gamers continue to have superb videogame experiences."

http://web.archive.org/web/20080621155352/http://www.xbox.com/zh-SG/community/news/2006/20060510.htm

GC:

http://www.webcitation.org/60VrBE6Cp

http://www.ign.com/wikis/history-of-video-game-consoles/Nintendo_GameCube

20m Gamecubes + 101m Wii x 2 (2 GCNs duct-taped together right?)

Gives Gamecube 222m globally confirming that Nintendo outsold the mighty PS2 in the long run!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Because... to get to the other side of the road?

Hunting Season is done...

Splinter Cell softmod.... so easy..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

padib said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Pointing out the ludicrous nature of another person's claim doesn't strengthen my argument? Well yeah, that's what the multiple paragraphs above it were for. They're unrelated. At this point your post begs the question: if my criticism of another person's argument hurts my own, than what does criticizing my criticism of him do for your post? I think you need to take your own advice friend.

And of course. The idea of some companies having stronger marketing teams than others was never in contention. It was the idea of marketing being the sole or even primary reason for a product's success that I take issue with.

I don't need to strengthen my points with my criticism of you because that wasn't the point of my criticism. The point of my criticism was for you to stop: to stop using words that add nothing to your post and attempt to ridicule the post of another user.

Also, it was just a side-comment. I didn't mean to make a big deal out of it.

Cheers.

Exactly. Just as what I said about his post wasn't intended to strengthen my actual argument, like I said. You're being blatantly hypocritical about this. If I see a post as ridiculous, I will call it such. Critizing ideas is a fundamental aspect of productive discussion. If you're too sensitive to handle that, I suggest you stay off of forums.

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:

Exactly. Just as what I said about his post wasn't intended to strengthen my actual argument, like I said. You're being blatantly hypocritical about this. If I see a post as ridiculous, I will call it such. Critizing ideas is a fundamental aspect of productive discussion. If you're too sensitive to handle that, I suggest you stay off of forums.

I see, you didn't want to strengthen your point, you just wanted to... what exactly? Condescend him?

padib said:
DucksUnlimited said:

I see, you didn't want to strengthen your point, you just wanted to... what exactly? Condescend him?

Call a spade a spade? 

"This claim is ridiculous....here's why" is literally what my initial point boils down to. I didn't say anything about him or his character. I criticized an idea he was pushing and gave an explanation why. You felt the need to butt in because I might hurt his argument's feelings. This is an incredibly meaningless sidebar that has no bearing on anything. 

DucksUnlimited said:

Call a spade a spade? 

"This claim is ridiculous....here's why" is literally what my initial point boils down to. I didn't say anything about him or his character. I criticized an idea he was pushing and gave an explanation why. You felt the need to butt in because I might hurt his argument's feelings. This is an incredibly meaningless sidebar that has no bearing on anything. 

"At best ridiculous" is what you said.

Anyway Ducks, post however you want. Just realize that if you're rude (or come across as rude) it can be toxic. Let's leave it at that.

padib said:
DucksUnlimited said:

You are condesending him as well, Padib. And you should know you are not a moderator. These kinds of posts of yours derail threads constantly... 

Why don't you PM him instead? Because the way I see it, you are doing the exact same thing you condemn him of doing. And it keeps the thread away from its original purpose.

Hynad said:
padib said:

You are condesending him as well, Padib. And you should know you are not a moderator. These kinds of posts of yours derail threads constantly... 

Why don't you PM him instead? Because the way I see it, you are doing the exact same thing you condemn him of doing. And it keeps the thread away from its original purpose.

I'm not condescending him, I'm just trying to help.

It was just a side-comment, but you are right I did not mean to derail.