By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA President on home console market: "We’ve learned a lot about the western market from Atlus"; hoping to announce new game at TGS

" If we can deliver high-quality titles to fans of Japanese games, I think we have a decent chance of making it overseas.”
Great. Better late than never.

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

Yakuza could easily become a 5 million+ seller in the West if marketed properly and if the games change settings with each game.

Yes, Sega, learn from Atlus. They're doing an exceptional job.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Sega should have launched a console that was more powerful than both Xbone and PS4 with Shenmue 3.

GameMasterPC said:
Yakuza could easily become a 5 million+ seller in the West if marketed properly and if the games change settings with each game.

That's ridiculous.  The only way to market these games to make them sell in the west would to be to hide everything that makes them what they are - kooky, weird and very Japanese.

I genuinely don't think your average CoD/GTA would sit through the first hour of Yakuza 3 without finding it excrutiatingly slow and probably quit at that point.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, could buying Atlus end up improving Sega rather than dragging Atlus down with them? Sounds promising so far

; _ ;  I dont like the tought of that... please... leave Atlus as is.

Sounds promising. Looking forward to what they have in store for us.

I second the notion of a new Valkyria Chronicles game but with the same style and vibe of the first game.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Most of my favorite games are made by Sega and a large portion of them are either dead (Sakura Taisen/Skies of Arcadia/Panzer Dragoon), not getting localized (Valkyria Chronicles 3/Yakuza 0) or getting localized by someone else (Yakuza 5).

Heck! One of their most celebrated occult title had to be kickstarted by the creator err.... backed by Sony to happen. (Shenmue 3)

So Sega's track record isn't exactly believable at this point.

Just give me a Valkyria Chronicles on the PS4, please.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Well, I do hope they realize that there's still a place for Japanese developers in the industry. Just have to adjust with the market while remaining true to what you are, and you'll be able to have success.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.