By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The future of Nintendo: what’s to come after Spring 2016? (1)

Tagged games:

Soundwave said:
97alexk said:

I need a metroid game from retro studios next year, either 2D or 3D, is probably not in the prime series, and i want a paper mario Wii U, if we get that im satisfied

Tanabe basically confirmed there is no Metroid Prime game from Retro in development, if they were to start now it would take 2-3 years to develop and would have to be for the NX according to him. So that's out. 

Paper Mario U? I'd say maybe. 

Mario Kart 9, The "Real" Animal Crossing, Mario 3D (Mario Galaxy 3?) are in development for NX right now I would guess. Splatoon 2 for NX probably is underway already too, the sales are strong so that's a no-brainer. 

I think there some trues about all that rumours about Diddy Kong Racing 2, probably will be launch title for NX, so I dont think that Mario Kart 9 is now in devolpment, but new Mario 3D game certainly, probably Pikmin 4 too, F-Zero..I dont think they start working on Splatoon 2 yet because they still developing content for first game and they still analysing what exactly can they do with Splatoon 2 in comparison with first game.

Paper Mario is posible for Wii U.

Around the Network

I would like if Nintendo takes the engine and gameplay from Codename STEAM and puts it in a game that is more appealing. This kind of game would have been great on WiiU, maybe with a similar style to Valkyria Chronicles or other anime-esque games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

really not bad.

predictions make sense.

Nice thread. I didn't even now that Nintendo EAD has so many branch :D

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Tanabe basically confirmed there is no Metroid Prime game from Retro in development, if they were to start now it would take 2-3 years to develop and would have to be for the NX according to him. So that's out. 

Paper Mario U? I'd say maybe. 

Mario Kart 9, The "Real" Animal Crossing, Mario 3D (Mario Galaxy 3?) are in development for NX right now I would guess. Splatoon 2 for NX probably is underway already too, the sales are strong so that's a no-brainer. 

I think there some trues about all that rumours about Diddy Kong Racing 2, probably will be launch title for NX, so I dont think that Mario Kart 9 is now in devolpment, but new Mario 3D game certainly, probably Pikmin 4 too, F-Zero..I dont think they start working on Splatoon 2 yet because they still developing content for first game and they still analysing what exactly can they do with Splatoon 2 in comparison with first game.

Paper Mario is posible for Wii U.

Diddy Kong Racing would probably be handled by SPD 3, and outsourced to another developer. However, I don't think it's being made by Retro (or better said: I hope not!). Maybe a collaboration between Monster Games and Paon? That would mean Retro could have their hands on another Nintendo franchise.. or they're making something brand new (which would be my guess).

With regards to Splatoon, I'm guessing a small team is working on the blueprints for the next game on NX, while the rest of the team is providing content updates and DLC.

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Around the Network

WiiU will be around for another three years.

There is plenty of time for Nintendo to come out with games for it.

And I think Nintendo knows they need to transition to a new console with momentum from the last.

I expect Nintendo to experiment  a lot with old franchises and new IPs with 

the WiiU prior to releasing a new console.  We can see that Nintendo is offloading its

work to third parties on games their internal studios are not interested to work on.  

For example FZero.  There might be a third party studio that did pick that game up.

Who knows what other titles are being worked on by third parties.

MakeAccountLater said:

Hey guys and gals, this is my first thread on VGchartz. It's a bit of a long read in which I make guesstimates about what the big N still has in store for us after Spring 2016, with a focus on what's still coming for WiiU. Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas!

First off let’s take a look at Nintendo’s main internal development studios in Japan: the Nintendo EAD studios! There are 7 EAD studios, 5 of them are located in Kyoto, 2 of them in Tokyo. We will take a closer look at all 7 of these studios.

TOKYO EAD 1

Developer Latest game Release date Other games and projects Next game
Tokyo EAD 1 The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D February 2015 Super Mario Galaxy

The Legend of Zelda remakes

Nintendo (3)DS guide

(?) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess remake

What are they working on?

Tokyo EAD 1 once developed Super Mario Galaxy, but that was in 2007. Afterwards they haven’t produced a single big title anymore, which means that they have been working on the next big Mario since 2007 or that they have been demoted.

Since Miyamoto has been working more closely with EAD 5 in Kyoto ever since the release of Super Mario Galaxy, and Tokyo EAD 2 has developed Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World in the meanwhile, the latter seems more likely.

Tokyo EAD 1 has mostly been working together with external developer Grezzo to remake several The Legend of Zelda games for Nintendo 3DS (Occarina of Time 3D, Four Swords Anniversary Edition and Majora’s Mask 3D).

They have also created several guides for Nintendo DS and 3DS (including the Louvre Guide).

Most likely they just started working together with Grezzo on another The Legend of Zelda remake, and the most likely contenders in that respect are: Twilight Princess HD (for WiiU) and Four Swords Adventures Anniversary (for New 3DS and WiiU). While the latter may seem the most feasible for the studio, fans have really been dreaming of a Twilight Princess remake ever since the tech demo shown at E3 2012. With some help of Kyoto EAD 3, it is not unlikely that Tokyo EAD1 is working on making this dream a reality together with Grezzo.

What does this mean for WiiU?

Although Tokyo EAD 1 has not made a single WiiU game (apart from the app: WiiU Panorama view), it is not impossible that they are working on a Twilight Princess HD remake together with Kyoto EAD 3 and Grezzo exclusively for WiiU. The exclusivity of this game may help soften the blow for the fact that the next big Zelda will not come exclusively to WiiU, but will be a cross-gen game. A September 2016 release seems to be possible.

I think that there are zero chances that we will another Zelda Remake this gen, except that, Twilight Princess can already be played on Wii U via backward compatibility so Nintendo certainly would not do that. Also, releasing two 3D Zelda games in same year on same platform is very stupid and certainly not something that Nintendo would do.

But I belive we will have Twilight Princess HD on NX.

Darwinianevolution said:
I would like if Nintendo takes the engine and gameplay from Codename STEAM and puts it in a game that is more appealing. This kind of game would have been great on WiiU, maybe with a similar style to Valkyria Chronicles or other anime-esque games.

Battalion Wars 3 (for WiiU)? It's been awfully quiet at Kuju Entertainment (apart from Art Academy), so that could be an option. Though I'd prefer an anime-esque game in that setting as well.

captain carot said:
really not bad.

predictions make sense.

Thanks! Happy you feel that way

MDX said:

WiiU will be around for another three years.

There is plenty of time for Nintendo to come out with games for it.

And I think Nintendo knows they need to transition to a new console with momentum from the last.

I expect Nintendo to experiment  a lot with old franchises and new IPs with 

the WiiU prior to releasing a new console.  We can see that Nintendo is offloading its

work to third parties on games their internal studios are not interested to work on.  

For example FZero.  There might be a third party studio that did pick that game up.

Who knows what other titles are being worked on by third parties.

Yup, my guess is that while their internal studios (first party) are mainly going to be focussing on the NX, NIntendo will still have games in development for WiiU through second and third party support.