By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi´s Woolly World Reviews Thread (First reviews)

Metascore

+ 90 36 10.62%

+ 85 99 29.20%

+ 80 96 28.32%

+ 75 47 13.86%

+ 70 18 5.31%

+ 65 4 1.18%

+ 60 11 3.24%

OMG so CUTE :3 28 8.26%

Total:339

Wow, I have just been looking at the scores in the OP, but rewiews seem scattered all over the place on this one. Some really high 90+ scores but several 6/10 3-3.5/5? Why is this game so divisive?
I'm going to have to read some of these reviews now.
Anyways, cant wait for it to come out! :)

Around the Network

Let's hope the mixed ones are out and it could reach 80+, shame that my 85 was maybe too high. I'm happy because my most trusted reviews sites are giving the game >90, so I know I will enjoy it a lot. Can't wait!

LuckyTrouble said:
Edwardooo said:
Are you saying that...Metacritic is unreliable ?

what a shocking news

On one hand, the meta scores after some time have passed aren't bad markers if you want a very general idea of whether or not the game is considered good. For the most part, if it has a 90+ on metacritic, odds are favorable that you'll have at least some fun with the game and will appreciate it, while a game under 70 meta on average will be less impressive. I don't think anybody purely relies on metascores since as a gamer, we should all have at least some vague idea of whether or not something will fit our tastes without needing a number to tell us for certain, but the diverse range of opinions at least for user reviews can be nice. I've seen some games that were ranked fairly positive critically, but more average by users with users doing a better job explaining the pros and cons of the experience than critics ever do in full reviews.

There are too many exemple of great/good games who got a just average/low metacritic score (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Mario Party, a lot of Sonic games, Fatal Frame, NieR...) to say that Metacritic gives a tendency on the quality of a game. And it's worse if you look at all the bad games who get incomprehensible high scores (won't give exemple for them, or the thread will deviate).

Edwardooo said:

what a shocking news

It's not unreliable, it's just that people think it means more than it actually does. Metacritic collects the scores from approved reviewers and provides the [slightly modified] average. That's it. That's all it does. Oh, and it provides a nice goto place for finding reviews.

Treat Metacritic as a tool, not a "final verdict" and you should be fine.

Volterra_90 said:

Let's hope the mixed ones are out and it could reach 80+, shame that my 85 was maybe too high. I'm happy because my most trusted reviews sites are giving the game >90, so I know I will enjoy it a lot. Can't wait!

Is going to happen like Splatoon. 

Most people expecting a 85, finally the game gets 81 on metascore and 85 on userscore.

I expect exactly the same for Yoshi now.

Around the Network

Looking good so far. 78meta.

forest-spirit said:
Edwardooo said:

what a shocking news

It's not unreliable, it's just that people think it means more than it actually does. Metacritic collects the scores from approved reviewers and provides the [slightly modified] average. That's it. That's all it does. Oh, and it provides a nice goto place for finding reviews.

Treat Metacritic as a tool, not a "final verdict" and you should be fine.

The main problem is this slightly modified average...It should not be modified at all.

I am still sulking in a corner for having this game not release in America until OCTOBER. What am I supposed to do this summer??

Meristation, one of my favourites sites, gives yoshi 8.5/10

Metacritic score is 78 now.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046