By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Splatoon – 1 Million Worldwide by end of May 2015

thatguymarco said:
I predict 1 million in 3 years.

If you subtract that by 2 years and 11 months it is about accurate!!!

Around the Network
think-man said:
Settle down nostradamus.

Settle down Think-man :P http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=201608&page=1

His predictio is kind of crazy and definitely far off especially going by MK8 doing 1.2mil FW, but his prediction will be better than alot of those ^^^ Including that 92k WW FW prediction O.o

tbone51 said:
think-man said:
Settle down nostradamus.

Settle down Think-man :P http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=201608&page=1

His predictio is kind of crazy and definitely far off especially going by MK8 doing 1.2mil FW, but his prediction will be better than alot of those ^^^ Including that 92k WW FW prediction O.o

I meant 92k fw in Fiji ;)

think-man said:
tbone51 said:

I meant 92k fw in Fiji ;)

It all makes sense now!!!

Soundwave said:

I'll see your 1 million and raise you 2 million in the first 2 hours. 

This is the only appropriate reaction.

Around the Network
melbye said:
I don't think they have shipped a million so that would mean a lot of digital sales

In fairness its dirt cheap on e-shop and it takes up hardly any space, I think this game will sell well digitally.

But your predictions used to be accurate many, many years ago.

Are you becoming a joke thread writer now?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
But your predictions used to be accurate many, many years ago.

Are you becoming a joke thread writer now?

This is no joke, amp316.
I am sincere with every prediction I make.

I say Splatoon will sell 1 million worldwide—digital & physical sales combined—in its first few opening days before June 1, 2015.

I saw that Nintendo was confident enough to pin the Wii U's entire summer around this game when they showed that Splatoon Direct.
I KNEW as soon Splatoon was revealed LAST year at E3 2014 that this game HAD to come out before the following summer.
It's the perfect summertime game.
And lo & behold that's exactly what they did when they announced that May 29th release date at the April 1st Nintendo Direct.

Once I saw the Splatoon Direct & how they said they would roll out features piece by piece in free updates with a major one in August, I said Nintendo believes in this game.
They will launch in May right before the summer starts & then drop the mega-update in August towards the end of summer.

Not only did they put the release date in virtually the same spot as Mario Kart 8 (May 30th), they show that the game is strong enough to keep up excitement all summer long until they get to the August update.

Mario Kart 8 carried the summer for Wii U in 2014 & Nintendo believes Splatoon will carry Wii U's summer in 2015.
Reggie Fils-Aimé said long ago that Nintendo wants Splatoon to be the "Mario Kart of Shooters".

Mario Kart is super established as a franchise. It's a bankable title to pin your console on.
Splatoon is a brand new franchise but Nintendo sees that game as just as bankable.

And when I saw that fan art sprung up almost overnight with Splatoon after its E3 2014 reveal...
...When I saw that GIF of Splatoon developers backstage at E3 2014 happily running around in Inkling hats with Miyamoto looking on in the distance...
...When I saw how Masahiro Anbe, the creator of Squid Girl, was inspired to put his Squid Girl side by side with the Splatoon squid girls...
...I knew I was seeing something special.

The Splatoon Direct only underlined what I had already suspected.
The Splatoon Global Testfire etched it in stone.

That's why I made my prediction.
The game is just that damn good & Nintendo knows it can pin Wii U's summer on this title alone & sell.
Nintendo knows this is their next MONSTER HIT FRANCHISE.
And they believe it is JUST as bankable as Mario Kart is.

I put a number to the intuitions I had & that number came out to be 1 million.
Now I'm just waiting on confirmation.
John Lucas

P.S.: Yes amp316 some things are just a hit right out of the gate. In 1999 we saw such a thing with a game called Super Smash Bros.

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

No, just no...

20,000 / 27,000 in UK confirmed. :P

980,000 / 973,000 to go... xD