By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Producer Is Now In Charge Of Nintendo’s Mobile Game Development

I don't get how this is being spun as a bad thing

Around the Network

Does everyone think he will never have input on MK games anymore?

Shouldn't people be glad a good dev is in charge of mobile?

spemanig said:

Gamers cant think logically with the word mobile just....RIGHT THERE, you gotta understand

Which Mario Karts did he PRODUCE?

Smear-Gel said:
Does everyone think he will never have input on MK games anymore?

Shouldn't people be glad a good dev is in charge of mobile?

Should people be glad a good developer is being wasted on the mobile ghetto?

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:

Hideki Konno, who has worked on several Mario Kart games, has been promoted by Nintendo to oversee the development of mobile games.

I really dont see this as a promotion , ugh ...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spemanig said:

Because it obviously means one of two things.

1. The Mario Kart series will see a massive decline in quality

2. Mario Kart will become exclusive to mobile

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Good for him! It really speaks to how highly they think of him. In a way, they put the future of the company in his hands. If he does good and the games make mega cash, the company will live for another 100 years. If it fails, the company loses the market cap it gained with the announcement, Nintendo is forced to make even more desperate moves and finally collapses upon itself like Sega did.

If Nintendo is willing to put their fate and future into his hands, then I'll believe too.

hsrob said:
Which Mario Karts did he PRODUCE?

Every Mario Kart since DS.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nintendo almost never exclusively works on one thing. Even a studio like Monolith has worked on a bunch of different things at once. Nintendo is good at spreading the wealth around, so I doubt this is permanently "do this and nothing else."

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!