By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC is “a Black Eye for Us” "Halo 5 Made By Completely Different Team", Says Frank O'Connor

Goatseye said:
Guitarguy said:

I personally don't think Halo5 will be 100% ready by launch. I feel Microsoft will rush it out to take advantage of the holiday season. I hope I am wrong but the development cycle just seems too short for a mainline next-gen Halo game considering Halo 4 only came out in 2012... 3 year cycle.... This isn't like Halo 1 and2 where it was on the same console or Halo 3 and ODST...

You're talking about a 300 dev strong team that have engineers that have worked on the console, devs (especially bosses) that have been working on Halo since CE, they released a Beta a year out running butter "smoov". Snags always happen but I beliebe 343i is the best suited dev team to work on X1.

Time will tell.

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
jlmurph2 said:

Not sure what you're getting at. Its the same situation as Halo 2 to Halo 3. 3 years and a new console.

Valid point, I do think games ten years ago were a bit simpler and didn't take quite as long as nowadays though. What do you think?

I think 3 years is enough time to make a AAA game focused on 1 machine. I played the beta 4 months ago and it plays phenomenally. 

Guitarguy said:
jlmurph2 said:

Not sure what you're getting at. Its the same situation as Halo 2 to Halo 3. 3 years and a new console.

Valid point, I do think games ten years ago were a bit simpler and didn't take quite as long as nowadays though. What do you think?

I agree with you there. However, I think the only thing limiting the devs is the knowledge of the tools and resources around them, which was the same dilema they confronted back then. And now they're bigger teams as well.

jlmurph2 said:
Guitarguy said:

I think 3 years is enough time to make a AAA game focused on 1 machine. I played the beta 4 months ago and it plays phenomenally. 

I hope I'm wrong. It doesn't benefit me in anyway if Halo5 comes out rushed.

Guitarguy said:
Goatseye said:
Guitarguy said:

I personally don't think Halo5 will be 100% ready by launch. I feel Microsoft will rush it out to take advantage of the holiday season. I hope I am wrong but the development cycle just seems too short for a mainline next-gen Halo game considering Halo 4 only came out in 2012... 3 year cycle.... This isn't like Halo 1 and2 where it was on the same console or Halo 3 and ODST...

You're talking about a 300 dev strong team that have engineers that have worked on the console, devs (especially bosses) that have been working on Halo since CE, they released a Beta a year out running butter "smoov". Snags always happen but I beliebe 343i is the best suited dev team to work on X1.

Time will tell.

You're not giving very good reasons for your skepticism.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Guitarguy said:

Time will tell.

Because it is just my intuition. I'm not trying to convince anyone. Like I said before I hope I am wrong. I don't benefit in anyway if it comes out rushed/buggy. Halo:MCC certainly did not raise my confidence but that was supposedly another team.

Even he admits that halo mcc was forced and shoehorned into the xbox1.

jlmurph2 said:
Guitarguy said:

Time will tell.

So the MCC is now not a very good reason for skepticism anymore? Well good to see blunders like this are so easily forgotten.

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
Guitarguy said:

Time will tell.

So the MCC is now not a very good reason for skepticism anymore? Well good to see blunders like this are so easily forgotten.

If you read the article then you'd know the answer to that question.

Its a shame that Halo:MCC being a mess at launch has completely overshadowed it becoming arguably the best software on 8th gen consoles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)