By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Episode Duscae Runs At 900p On PS4; XBO Screenshots Reveal Sub-800p Resolution – Report

FFXV Episode Duscae Runs At 900p On PS4; XBO Screenshots Reveal Sub-800p Resolution – Report

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae is currently out in North America for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This early access demo is only available with day 1 edition of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata has already confirmed that the demo won’t run at native 1080p resolution on the PS4 and Xbox One. He explained that while the demo will miss out on 1080p resolution, this is their target for the final version of the game. Considering the fact that the game is still in development on an engine that is still not finished, this result shouldn’t be surprising. It is clear from the demo that Episode Duscae release was targeting a strict deadline and as a result, optimizations aren’t just as good as a retail release. The frame rate has issues and can drop during effect heavy scenes. There is lack of AF resulting in blurred textures over distance.

A curious look at some of the direct-feed screenshots of Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae for the PS4 reveals a native 900p resolution, as can be seen in the image below. The talented folks over at Beyond3D, who are known are their accurate pixel counting, also confirm a resolution of 900p for the PS4 version of the game.

Thanks to NeoGAF user oO_Arekkz_Oo, we have out first look at direct-feed screenshots from the Xbox One version as well. Pixel counting these screens reveals a sub-800p but above 720p resolution for the Xbox One version of the game.

This is rather disappointing to see since both version of the game suffer from performance issues in addition to the hit to the Image Quality.

Source: http://gearnuke.com/ffxv-episode-duscae-runs-900p-ps4-xbo-screenshots-reveal-sub-900p-resolution-report/

Around the Network

I didnt expect the demo to be fully optimized. Still looks great for 900p. Cant wait for 2.0 and 1080p!

I could tell by the jaggies in the videos that the image quality wasn't the greatest Hopefully they can reach the 1080p goal for PS4 and 900p for XBO, AND improve the frame-rate without downgrades. Or hopefully they just release a PC version and people can play it at 4k with graphical mods.

Even the final release versions will have issues. Both of these consoles are already being pushed beyond their limits. Its a bummer that 1080p and 60 fps is mainly the realm of PC gaming.

It's just a demo goddammit. It will be completely different in the final game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

it's a demo, let's care about the resolution when the full game comes out.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

The Episode Duscae game demo is planned to run on Luminous 1.5. The developers are planning for the final game to run on version 2.0.
Guess thats probably not the most helpful thing for their demo

I'm sure they'll hit their resolution targets by end of development. The FPS will likely never be a rock steady 30fps, I mean how many open world games on console don't suffer from at least mild FPS dipping?

Isn't this game 1.5 years out? Why is anyone pixel counting a demo of a game that is over a year away from release.

They have infinite time to fix this, seriously . Because they have not announce the release date for the full games. Probably 1,5 years from now in my prediction .

The good thing Tabata said they will listen to any complaint or accepted any ideas from the demo, before they proceed to another development stage.

So i am not worries even open world games like the withcer 3 can go 1080p on PS4.