By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MetaScores per year (2000 - 2023)

Captain_Yuri said:
Nicee list! Third Party and Indie games really help the PS/Xbox platform which is why Nintendo needs them too so hopefully, the next Nintendo console will be close to the ps5/x2's performance even if its a bit lower than both

Probably still won't get third party support unless they sell a lot (see: Gamecube.) 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Nicee list! Third Party and Indie games really help the PS/Xbox platform which is why Nintendo needs them too so hopefully, the next Nintendo console will be close to the ps5/x2's performance even if its a bit lower than both

Probably still won't get third party support unless they sell a lot (see: Gamecube.) 

They will get better than what they have now anyway. I feel like the GC had its own sorts of issues even though it was graphically more powerful like its mini discs. And I know that third parties could put their games into different discs but we all know they are all lazy as hell. Nintendo needs to make a standard console without nonsense like that, specially since now the architecture of the x1/ps4 are so similar and so will be the ps5/x2 most likely

They also need to go to the third party and ask them to port games to their console and maybe even pay the big ones like Rockstar to do so as well. (Obviously not the ones like Ubisoft, EA or Activision but like Rockstar and Kojima and etc)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
sc94597 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

They will get better than what they have now anyway. 

To be honest, I think the Wii U got better third party support than the Wii, at least in the beginning, so I have no doubt that the next platform will have decent support with respect to Wii U. 

sc94597 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

To be honest, I think the Wii U got better third party support than the Wii, at least in the beginning, so I have no doubt that the next platform will have decent support with respect to Wii U. 

They won't with the fusion nonsense that some people are suggesting... If there is one thing we learnt this generation is that third parties won't care about a platform unless its close enough to the other two in terms of performance and architecture so if Nintendo's next console has the same performance as their next handheld or if its as powerful as the ps4/x1 but not anywhere close to the ps5/x2, third parties really won't care. And now they know more than ever that they don't need Nintendo to make money so they don't need to waste their time on Nintendo's Fusion unless Nintendo's Fusion either sells well or it has good enough performance/architecture that matches the ps5/x2. And Nintendo's Fusion won't sell well without third party support and it will essentially end up like the wiiU for their console part

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
sc94597 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

They won't with the fusion nonsense that some people are suggesting... If there is one thing we learnt this generation is that third parties won't care about a platform unless its close enough to the other two in terms of performance and architecture so if Nintendo's next console has the same performance as their next handheld or if its as powerful as the ps4/x1 but not anywhere close to the ps5/x2, third parties really won't care. And now they know more than ever that they don't need Nintendo to make money so they don't need to waste their time on Nintendo's Fusion unless Nintendo's Fusion either sells well or it has good enough performance/architecture that matches the ps5/x2. And Nintendo's Fusion won't sell well without third party support cause it will essentially end up like the wiiU

I think there will be a unified OS with different form-factors. Some games will be exclusive to certain form-factors, but others will be multiplat. Iwata has been hinting heavily at it. Third parties can just port games to the more powerful form-factor. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

They won't with the fusion nonsense that some people are suggesting... If there is one thing we learnt this generation is that third parties won't care about a platform unless its close enough to the other two in terms of performance and architecture so if Nintendo's next console has the same performance as their next handheld or if its as powerful as the ps4/x1 but not anywhere close to the ps5/x2, third parties really won't care. And now they know more than ever that they don't need Nintendo to make money so they don't need to waste their time on Nintendo's Fusion unless Nintendo's Fusion either sells well or it has good enough performance/architecture that matches the ps5/x2. And Nintendo's Fusion won't sell well without third party support cause it will essentially end up like the wiiU

I think there will be a unified OS with different form-factors. Some games will be exclusive to certain form-factors, but others will be multiplat. Iwata has been hinting heavily at it. Third parties can just port games to the more powerful form-factor. 

Well thats exactly the question though cause how powerful will it be? The more powerful form factor which, lets just call it their console, has to be close enough to the ps5/x2 or else the third parties won't do it period.

TheGoldenBoy said:
sc94597 said:
Hm, so a unified OS will definitely help Nintendo a lot in terms of quality releases next generation. The Nintendo Handheld + Nintendo Home Console almost rivals the other platforms, and that is assuming no third party multiplat support.

Which there probably won't be. But yeah the data does show that unifying their two platforms will really help in their software output.

The outcome will be very different from what u may expect. A unified platform would only mean that u get fewer games all round. You will no longer see Mario for the handheld and a separate Mario for the console. There will just be one game that runs on both the console and the handheld. 

To OP, great work. Interesting how when looking at hard data certain general claims or assumptions about platforms are put to shame. Vocal minorities indeed. 

the data shows that PlayStation delivers despite what people are saying :)

Intrinsic said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Which there probably won't be. But yeah the data does show that unifying their two platforms will really help in their software output.

The outcome will be very different from what u may expect. A unified platform would only mean that u get fewer games all round. You will no longer see Mario for the handheld and a separate Mario for the console. There will just be one game that runs on both the console and the handheld. 

To OP, great work. Interesting how when looking at hard data certain general claims or assumptions about platforms are put to shame. Vocal minorities indeed. 

While that is true, the resources spent to make the handheld version of the game (like NSMB2) would be used elsewhere to make a different game I think, which would benefit in more games being made and smaller droughts.

Intrinsic said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Probably there will be a minor decrease in the number of games produced, but Nintendo won't let  productive capital they've invested in go to waste (developers, buildings, etc.) Obviously for that reason the output would be similar. What we'd probably see is a more diverse library though, since releasing a Mario platformer yearly won't fly. Having said that, we might find that most of Nintendo games won't take advantage of the higher-end hardware as much as they have in the past (see: Super Smash Bros.) Honestly, since I'm a multiplatform (PC/Nintendo) gamer I'd prefer a console where you have 20 Nintendo games rather than a console with 10 Nintendo games and 10 multiplat third party games. Nintendo should forget third party and work on buying as many developers/exclusives as possible, allowing them to produce enough exclusive games to interest consumers. They have a good, stable market as a second (or for Nintendo fans first) platform. People are just multiplatform gamers these days, and Nintendo would do well to find their own niche rather than trying to steal markets from Sony/Microsoft. If they make their systems different enough there will always be a market for their platforms and games.