By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Hyrule Warriors Thread - Extensive FAQ Inside, Rupee Glitch Explained

Updated the OP with more weapon and grinding info. Will work on the sections for the remaining adventure maps and a more detailed breakdown of challenge mode in the coming weeks. Will probably move everything below Legends Mode into the second post to make the first post considerably shorter. Will probably forego writing about the characters' movesets due to lack of interest on my part and the community's.

Already a month has passed since I started my new file. Here are some more achievements:

4. Completed legend mode. (Amazing!)
5. Got one A-rank in adventure mode. (Marvellous!)
6. Only used items for an entire mission. (All Attacks Are Devastating is best played with bow and arrow.)
7. Earned 1,000,000 rupees. (Really not much in the grand scheme of things.)
8. Killed 100,000 enemies. (Same as above.)
9. Activated all magic bonuses. (Means to kill 130 enemies while magic is active.)
10. Killed 500 enemies during a single usage of magic. (Easy on the Master Quest grinding map. My record is 2,500+ with Cia.)
11. Cut 1,000 patches of grass. (Simple.)
12. Collected 50 golden skulltullas. (Yay!)
13. Unlocked the true power of the Master Sword. (Doesn't take long to kill 25,000 enemies in legend mode.)
14. Collected 100 gold materials. (Easy.)
15. Stored 999 units of the same material. (No problem.)
16. Mixed all potions. (Doesn't include the ones below the gold version of Special+.)
17. Collected 1,000 weapons. (A walk in the park.)
18. Adventure complete. (All 128 missions done, rank irrelevant.)
19. Earned all rewards in adventure mode. (Self-explanatory.)
20. All A-ranks in adventure mode. (Self-explanatory. This is for the standard map.)
21. Master Quest complete. (Same as 18.)
22. Earned all rewards on the MQ map. (Same as 19.)
23. All A-ranks on the MQ map. (Same as 20.)
24. Reached level 150. (Cool.)
25. Reached level 200. (Even better!)

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

Could need some help. I am on the termina Adventure Map. The Map I have trouble with is located 2 fields right of the center. It's a Zelda-only map. Goal is to win the "KO-Wettstreit" with more KOs than the yellow team. However I suck with Zelda. She is around Level 100, I have already unlocked all LV3 Weapons for her. I tried different strategies like to ignore the yellow enemy or to kill the yellow enemy. Tried also different weapons. But the enemy always KOs more enemies than me. C-Rank would be sufficent, cause my goal for now is just to reach the next owl.

i am on level 75 with Link and no more than 30 with the others Toon link and Fairyman still at 1...

ehehehehe

i found this amazingly good but very hard
very very hard!

Switch!!!

hentai_11 said:

Could need some help. I am on the termina Adventure Map. The Map I have trouble with is located 2 fields right of the center. It's a Zelda-only map. Goal is to win the "KO-Wettstreit" with more KOs than the yellow team. However I suck with Zelda. She is around Level 100, I have already unlocked all LV3 Weapons for her. I tried different strategies like to ignore the yellow enemy or to kill the yellow enemy. Tried also different weapons. But the enemy always KOs more enemies than me. C-Rank would be sufficent, cause my goal for now is just to reach the next owl.

Ah yes, that map is quite difficult. The first time I played it, I won by a mere 7 kills with a final special attack after trailing for most of the time.

Zelda's light weapon is the best choice because most of the yellow enemies are weak to light. I had to play this mission several times to get an A-rank (which I didn't mind too much because I needed all those ice arrow item cards anyway), so I developed a good strategy. Head up the stairs and kill red enemies to fill up your special bars; once that's done, head into the western corridor where at least three yellow enemies will be located (along with one or two red Ganondorfs who may or may not be still alive). If you hit all of them at once with three special attacks, they should be dead or almost dead; drink an elixir, if you need another special attack to finish all of them off with relative ease.

A dead yellow enemy causes a lot of yellow minions to spawn and that's good for your own kill count, especially because yellow won't kill yellow. But since you've just killed three or four yellow officers, there will be an incredibly large supply of easy kills. And since the officers need about 90 seconds to respawn, you can rack up a lot of kills while they can't. This allows you to build up a lead of several hundred kills by going back and forth with Zelda's YYYYX combo (without the light enhancement that would be added by pressing only the X button). After a while the yellow officers will return, plus some giant monsters will spawn. Ignore all of them and head to the southwest corner of the map where a good bunch of red enemies should be located. At this point you should focus on getting the easy kills and run away when giant monsters make it necessary (Manhandla is the only one actively chasing you). Incoming yellow officers can be weakened with special attacks; who knows, maybe that will eventually add up to another kill that causes more yellow minions to spawn. In any case, during this time period you should be able to maintain your early lead.

Now what happens is that eventually the level will run dry of red enemies and new ones will only spawn if either all giant monsters are killed or if the final 90 seconds begin (red enemies spawn in the northeast and/or northwest). This means that even if you just run away for minutes and wait for the final 90 seconds, the yellow team won't be able to close the gap.  So all that's left to do is defend your lead on the final stretch; remember that a special attack stops everyone else, so you can and should use this to your advantage. An A-rank requires 1,200 kills and less than 4,000 damage, so an all-out chicken tactic can make the kill count a bit problematic, but not impossible.

The thing is that I already had Zelda at level 200 when I played the Termina map (thanks to the neat rupee glitch), so the above strategy may not be as easy to pull off. I honestly don't know, but I can tell you that the game employs damage caps, so missions can only get so easy. It's perfectly possible that level 100 or 200 doesn't make any difference. Another noteworthy thing is that the Termina map follows the progress structure of Majora's Mask, so the difficulty from easy to hard is South, North, West, East. Which means the direction you are heading is the most difficult.

Lastly, the owls don't matter much (or at all). You can fight 72 battles before the map resets, but the Song of Double Time (Ballade des Kronos) item card adds another 10. These item cards won't reappear, but the ones that are there allow you to play way more than 100 missions. That should be easily enough to collect the four Giants item cards, use them in Clocktown (Unruh-Stadt) and travel to the moon which is a small additional area. If you defeat the demon king, the timer on the map goes away and you can collect all of the rewards at your own pace.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

I see you play quite a bit, Rol. Most of the time I see you online on my Wii U, you're playing Hyrule Warriors.

I have yet to dive into the Adventure Mode. I'm going to, eventually. Probably after my re-run through all the Metroid games that I'm currently doing. But from what I've seen of it, it seems like things aren't well explained as to how all the systems work. Like the items you get, what the icons mean (sometimes there is a Link figure under an item on the map, and other times there's a blue sad face...). And then they mention that there is a Network Link somewhere on the map but what it does exactly... I don't yet know.

But that may just be me not having put time into that mode yet or not paying attention enough..

Around the Network
Hynad said:

I see you play quite a bit, Rol. Most of the time I see you online on my Wii U, you're playing Hyrule Warriors.

I have yet to dive into the Adventure Mode. I'm going to, eventually. Probably after my re-run through all the Metroid games that I'm currently doing. But from what I've seen of it, it seems like things aren't well explained as to how all the systems work. Like the items you get, what the icons mean (sometimes there is a Link figure under an item on the map, and other times there's a blue sad face...). And then they mention that there is a Network Link somewhere on the map but what it does exactly... I don't yet know.

But that may just be me not having put time into that mode yet or not paying attention enough..

@Hynad: Check the tutorial-part. There should be a short explanation for the item cards. The tutorials are on the battle preparation screen.

The Online-Links give you Tier 3 weapons or gold materials. You can even see for which char the weapon is, so it's an easy way to find good weapons. Just play the map where the Online-Link is shown. You can use any char you like. The difficulty of the map is determined by the level of the other player, which is also shown on the map. So stay away from those 255 LV Online-Links until you feel ready. If the other player is on your friend list, than the reward should be even better. The Online Links are refreshed once per day. So if you don't like the rewards from the Online-Links just wait a day and other Online-Links will appear (may take some time to download the new ones). If the refresh doesn't work on the next adventure map you can go back to the mainmenu and if you enter again you can force a reconnect.

@Rol: Thanks for the extensive help. Will try it the next time. I often fight Online-Links which also cost a day on the termina map.

Hynad said:

Well, I call it a 100-day-challenge for a reason. Have to play the game to get it done. I am on day 46 now. The final DLC pack released in late February while March and April are/were completely devoid of interesting Wii U and 3DS retail releases, so it was a good time to start the challenge. It's 100 days because there is an achievement for amiibo gifts and I can get only one per day.

The game throws tutorials for everything at you, so you probably weren't paying attention when they were forced on you. The icons show for which characters the rewards are, so you usually have to play as the shown character to earn these rewards. The Link figure is the easiest to recognize because there was an actual 8-bit game that used such a sprite. By "the sad blue face" you probably mean Impa and have mistaken her pony tail for a tear; maybe you need glasses? A question mark under a reward means that you have yet to unlock that character; Ruto, Agitha, Ghirahim and Zant are unlockable on the adventure map. In any case, rewards being restricted to certain characters means that you'll have to play quite a few missions at least twice; the same goes for missions that feature two skulltullas because it's impossible to make both show up on one and the same run. Oh, and rewards that are displayed in the left golden box require an A-rank, the middle brown box shows rewards you'll get for completing the mission with any rank, and the right box shows rewards that have to be found during the mission; in adventure mode, such heart pieces and containers are always located inside fortresses, so you'll just have to conquer them until treasure chests pop up.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Well, I call it a 100-day-challenge for a reason. Have to play the game to get it done. I am on day 46 now. The final DLC pack released in late February while March and April are/were completely devoid of interesting Wii U and 3DS retail releases, so it was a good time to start the challenge. It's 100 days because there is an achievement for amiibo gifts and I can get only one per day.

The game throws tutorials for everything at you, so you probably weren't paying attention when they were forced on you. The icons show for which characters the rewards are, so you usually have to play as the shown character to earn these rewards. The Link figure is the easiest to recognize because there was an actual 8-bit game that used such a sprite. By "the sad blue face" you probably mean Impa and have mistaken her pony tail for a tear; maybe you need glasses? A question mark under a reward means that you have yet to unlock that character; Ruto, Agitha, Ghirahim and Zant are unlockable on the adventure map. In any case, rewards being restricted to certain characters means that you'll have to play quite a few missions at least twice; the same goes for missions that feature two skulltullas because it's impossible to make both show up on one and the same run. Oh, and rewards that are displayed in the left golden box require an A-rank, the middle brown box shows rewards you'll get for completing the mission with any rank, and the right box shows rewards that have to be found during the mission; in adventure mode, such heart pieces and containers are always located inside fortresses, so you'll just have to conquer them until treasure chests pop up.

No. My eyes are fine. It was Fi, not Impa.

Hynad said:

No. My eyes are fine. It was Fi, not Impa.

That's good news.

Anyway, the point of adventure mode is to kill stuff to get better weapons and become stronger in order to do the same thing again. I must have killed millions of enemies in the past month and a half. I have yet to play as True Midna, Young Link and Tingle. It's going to be interesting to see each of them gain 30 level ups in the first ten minutes I play as them.

I can't imagine myself ever 100%'ing this game even without the DLC! Good luck to those attempting it!