By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is Actually Quite Innovative; it’s Time to Shelve that Boring, Generic Excuse to Bash it

Nate4Drake said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Nate4Drake said:
Well, I agree. Some Media in UK and NA are driven by MS, or simply anti-Sony.

How many times a MS or Nintendo exclusive game get a very good review when the game is just over and over again a reiteration of things already played and seen to death. But they talk about lack of innovation when they have a Playstation exclusive in their hands and they lower the score to the 70 range. What is innovation ? Do these people know ? Or, it's often not convenient for their purpose to notice and bring up innovation in a Playstation Exclusive ?

Yeah poor Sony fans, everyone hates you, the media wants your console to fail because.... ehhhh.... because...mmmmmmmm... They are EVIL!! (Nintendo is behind all of this believe me, they want your blood)

You are very funny and smart, aren't you ?

It's a very well known fact that Some Media in UK and NA are pro MS and anti-Sony; videogames are a business, with the good and the bad involved. Grow up.

He made a valid point, since your post was fairly ridiculous on its face. Your counter, however, is really pushing it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

This post is silly; You're just arguing semantics. There is nothing innovative about a steam punk setting. It has been done so many times now it is starting to become a video game cliche. Seamless cut scenes is not innovative either, have you not played any video games in the past 10 years? You would have come across at least a dozen games with seamless cut scenes. Mind you, the game does not need to be innovative to be good. I don't actually think that is a valid complaint but going in the other direction and doing back flips to try to prove that it is innovative is silly.

pbroy said:
They should make it like a movie or something. I just press one button every 10 minutes or so and I get Trophies. I'm down with that.

Asura's Wrath and Linger in Shadows is where it's at!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
People trashing a game in other platform is nothing new and i dont care but holy shit the double standarts of some people are annoying.

the order :

Boring color palette, we want more color ( rainbows and lots of blues missing in a steam punk london )
Boring gameplay , its a cover shooter , this sucks !!! Different weapons is not enough.
Its a movie !!!

But then they see the gameplay demo of a game like quantum break and its mindblowing when in the 25 minutes demo we see a dude walking in a straight path , action stopping all the time for him to drop from stairs, open a door etc, then after 15 minutes of walking and climbing he picks a glock , shoots some cops but its SUPER innovative cause he freezes time. Color palette is very simple too , lots of greys but in this its not a problem.
And then people that praise this game when they talk about the order trashs it.

To me both games are not innovative and they dont need too , both will be good probably, both are similar, but hey , agendas and double standarts :)

100% agreed.

Anyways, I think both games will be successful sales-wise, because like a lot of other people, I'm hyped for both !

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
People trashing a game in other platform is nothing new and i dont care but holy shit the double standarts of some people are annoying.

the order :

Boring color palette, we want more color ( rainbows and lots of blues missing in a steam punk london )
Boring gameplay , its a cover shooter , this sucks !!! Different weapons is not enough.
Its a movie !!!

But then they see the gameplay demo of a game like quantum break and its mindblowing when in the 25 minutes demo we see a dude walking in a straight path , action stopping all the time for him to drop from stairs, open a door etc, then after 15 minutes of walking and climbing he picks a glock , shoots some cops but its SUPER innovative cause he freezes time. Color palette is very simple too , lots of greys but in this its not a problem.

To me both games are not innovative and they dont need too , both will be good probably, both are similar, but hey , agendas and double standarts :)

"People"? So you can surely bring up 2 usernames where this applies to, with post references? Who exactly is "they"?

Around the Network

Man, people are going to extreme lengths just to defend some problems this game has. Although I do agree that this game doesn't have to be innovated but there are accusations everywhere.

Proud to be a Californian.

I think wilco nailed it. The game doesn't need to.be innovative to be any good. There was nothing innovative about The New Order last year but it was still great, because of excellent mechanics. This game looks the exact opposite, which just leaves you wanting something new even more.

Shadow of Mordor has some very generic action gameplay. It basically combines the stuff we've seen over and over again in Batman and Ass Creed games. But it throws in a unique, gameplay focused hook in the nemesis system, and it makes the game fresh. The Order doesn't seem to have the unique element, so if you're tired of linear derivative cover shooters loaded with cinematic and QTE's, the game will look quite "boring and generic" as the article states.

Why are people acting as if only Sony games get judged before release? That's ridiculous.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

the order :

Its a movie !!!

You are cherry picking examples. Did people suddenly forget how much bad press Ryse got before release? Where was the double standard then? I think people are just really tired of QTE's. That is why Ryse got crapped on and that is probably why this game is getting crapped on. Not everything is a conspiracy or bias.

It is hard to give impressions just by looking at a game. The people who have actually played both games (Order and Quantum Break) have a better understanding of how it actually plays. I thought Ryse looked good too, but then I actually played it and everything the early impressions had been commenting on turned out to 100% true. One of the biggest complaint I hear about the order is that the gunplay doesn't feel satisfying, that is not something you can guage just from videos. And like I said the abundance of QTEs in the order probably doesn't help either, fair or not QTE's turn a lot of people off immediately. They would have been wise to not show it or hide it like in the Uncharted demo (educated assumption).

gooch_destroyer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Believe it when I see it

How many times are you gonna say that?

as many times as I want o.o

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Really looking forward to it based on what I've seen. No, doesn't look that innovative. Story and setting look great, though. To me, the gameplay looks better than Quantum Break, though that game actually could be innovative with the TV tie-in. I'm looking forward to buying it, too, but in the demos the time mechanic looks way over-powered.

Anyway, why all the complaints about QTE's? I think I've seen one through the 3 shows/demos? And if they're during "story" segments (which would otherwise be cutscenes), then I'm more than ok with it.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS