Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014

Who do you WANT to take it?

Ronaldo 25 35.71%
 
Messi 20 28.57%
 
Neuer 25 35.71%
 
Total:70
Slarvax said:

I want Neuer to win, but Cristiano will. And I agree with Carl, Messi wins and we set Blatter on fire!


You mean we Sepp Blatter on fire?



They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

Can't say I'm surprised by the winner!



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
No way! Marta is the best!


I would guess Tyreso FF falling to Wolfsburg in the final was the tie breaker there.

Surprising how few American women nominated or win this given consistency of the national team.



Robben admitted himself that Ronaldo and Messi are a cut above the rest. I get that people don't like how Ronaldo and Messi dominate every year, but that's no reason for why they shouldn't win. They still do significantly better than every other player and stats prove that.



Hiku said:
BraLoD said:
Japan is taking a award there! GO JAPAN! xD

What did Japan win?

And yeah, it's been obvious that Ronaldo would get it for a while now.
Though if Argentina had won the WC final, Messi would have gotten it by default. That's just how things work with people's impressions I guess.

"Japanese journalist Hiroshi Kagawa won the President’s Award."
It will take some more time to Japan to start getting actual prizes there... but they are improving.



Around the Network
Augen said:
BraLoD said:
No way! Marta is the best!


I would guess Tyreso FF falling to Wolfsburg in the final was the tie breaker there.

Surprising how few American women nominated or win this given consistency of the national team.


USA have a great team, as well as Germany and Brazil, and I think USA players got nominated there quite often to be honest (I dunno how many actually won).
But Marta is by far the greatest female player I've ever saw in this game, I'm yet to see another woman with skills who can get close to hers, she is like a monster in this game
Well, she already won this a lot of times (5 in a row if I recall it right), so she already left quite a mark, but I want her to take it every year xD



BraLoD said:
Hiku said:
BraLoD said:
Japan is taking a award there! GO JAPAN! xD

What did Japan win?

And yeah, it's been obvious that Ronaldo would get it for a while now.
Though if Argentina had won the WC final, Messi would have gotten it by default. That's just how things work with people's impressions I guess.

"Japanese journalist Hiroshi Kagawa won the President’s Award."
It will take some more time to Japan to start getting actual prizes there... but they are improving.

Ah I was hoping it would be one of the best goals of the year, or something. =p



Oh and kudos to Ronaldo, he is a amazing player.
But I still want to see a goalkeeper getting the recognition he deserves and not only coming close because he is a goalkeeper.
I'm sure if he had not take a single goal the entire year he would still have no chance of taking it, it's just like it is.

Rogério Ceni in 2005 won everything he could, made a brilliant job as a goalkeeper the whole year, scored nothing less than 21 goals that year, and won the FIFA club world cup over Liverpool (that was in such a great year as well) doing miracles (seriously, go watch that game), and no one even cared to remember him, just because he was a goalkeeper and played by a Brazilian team.

Being a goalkeeper is pretty hard it seems, one can get trashed by one mistake but it's not considered the same as other players when playing the finest.
I would love to see football without a goalkeeper, let's see how ridiculous it gets

Well, you won Neuer, in my heart you are the 2014 winner



Hiku said:
BraLoD said:

"Japanese journalist Hiroshi Kagawa won the President’s Award."
It will take some more time to Japan to start getting actual prizes there... but they are improving.

Ah I was hoping it would be one of the best goals of the year, or something. =p


One day, one day my friend



BraLoD said:
Hiku said:
BraLoD said:

"Japanese journalist Hiroshi Kagawa won the President’s Award."
It will take some more time to Japan to start getting actual prizes there... but they are improving.

Ah I was hoping it would be one of the best goals of the year, or something. =p


One day, one day my friend

http://youtu.be/0Jat5bsyzkw

;)