By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Next Mario Will Most Likely Be On Nintendo’s Next Console

Wow...

Around the Network

Wow I can't believe people are drawing that conclusion from that quote.
Mario will appear in Mario Party 10 in 2015 and will definitely appear in other games such as Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, Mario Tennis or whatnot for Wii U. Remember the later days of the GameCube? Nintendo was really milking Mario for what he was worth in all kinds of games, including NBA Street, Dance Dance Revolution and SSX. Was Super Mario 3D World his last new game on Wii U. No.

I thought it was pretty obvious that he meant that Mario would possibly appear in something completely new on their next hardware, in the same way that Mario took new roles in new types of games in the past, like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Mario RPG and Smash Bros. His next evolution will be on another console, he says nothing about other Wii U Mario games, including his 2D and 3D platformers.

Wii U isn't selling well enough to get that many Mario games. NSMB, NSLU, Mario Maker, and Mario 3D World is quite a lot already, it's more Mario platforming than the SNES, N64 or GameCube got. Yes the Wii had two 3D Marios, but it also sold 100 million systems, Wii U is way off. 

Mario on the next-gen Nintendo (handheld?) makes more sense.

Everything points to 2016. 

Wii U might bite the dust pretty soon then.

Moshimoo said:

Wii U isn't selling well enough to get that many Mario games. NSMB, NSLU, Mario Maker, and Mario 3D World is quite a lot already, it's more Mario platforming than the SNES, N64 or GameCube got. Yes the Wii had two 3D Marios, but it also sold 100 million systems, Wii U is way off. 

Mario on the next-gen Nintendo (handheld?) makes more sense.

Everything points to 2016. 

You're basically saying that every Nintendo Studio that finished its main project in 2013 is now busy making games for the next console.

Retro making a Wii U game? Forget it, new console!

That would be suicidal. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

By ur own logic, Wind Waker HD should never have released, instead Twilight Princess HD should have because it's more popular and would have sold better.

It's much faster, cheaper and easier to remaster Wind Waker than it is to remaster TP.

By the same logic I explained in the previous post, it's also easier to remaster SMG 1 & 2 as these games use a lot of the same assets. Plus people like them more. 

And I hear a lot of people talk about liking Sunshine the least. If you don't agree with them then don't be bothered by it. My favorite Metroid game is Metroid Prime 2 and people say all the time that it's the weakest Prime game. Maybe I shouldn't have called Sunshine a bad game. I'll rephrase myself to saying it's the least liked Mario 3D platformer. 

In the end, it's all just opinions. If Nintendo remasters Sunshine I'll buy it anyway... 

Sorry if I came off as rude or anything but ya I'm the same way, i really want Sunshine HD, I loved the game as a kid and haven't played it in over a decade but if they did Galaxy Collection instead I would be fine with that because Galaxy is a great game and I haven't played Galaxy 2 yet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

GOOD!!!
So they can focus on new games!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

By ur own logic, Wind Waker HD should never have released, instead Twilight Princess HD should have because it's more popular and would have sold better.

It's much faster, cheaper and easier to remaster Wind Waker than it is to remaster TP.

By the same logic I explained in the previous post, it's also easier to remaster SMG 1 & 2 as these games use a lot of the same assets. Plus people like them more. 

And I hear a lot of people talk about liking Sunshine the least. If you don't agree with them then don't be bothered by it. My favorite Metroid game is Metroid Prime 2 and people say all the time that it's the weakest Prime game. Maybe I shouldn't have called Sunshine a bad game. I'll rephrase myself to saying it's the least liked Mario 3D platformer. 

In the end, it's all just opinions. If Nintendo remasters Sunshine I'll buy it anyway... 

Sorry if I came off as rude or anything but ya I'm the same way, i really want Sunshine HD, I loved the game as a kid and haven't played it in over a decade but if they did Galaxy Collection instead I would be fine with that because Galaxy is a great game and I haven't played Galaxy 2 yet.

I just hope they fix the Pachinko machine level and blue coins when they do make a remake of it. :p 

Jeez what these sensationalist gaming sites will stir up on a day with no real news.

Tippi said:

Those hoping for another mainline Mario title for Wii U may come away slightly disappointed as Shigeru Miyamoto says that it will most likely be on Nintendo’s next home console. We’ve already had the wonderful Super Mario 3D World so I’m sure we can be patient and wait, though it’s going to be difficult.

Since we first created Mario, people have compared him to Mickey Mouse. I’ve always said Mickey Mouse evolved with each evolution in animation. You saw Mickey Mouse each step of the way. From early on, I wanted Mario to be that character in the digital world, so that with each digital evolution, he was there to usher in the next era. I think that maybe when we release the next hardware system, you can look forward to seeing Mario take on a new role or in a new game.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/19/miyamoto-next-mario-will-most-likely-be-on-nintendos-next-console/

Nintendo fooking listen to me!  Develop a Marvelous Mario Adventure, with big huge colorfull insanely beautiful environments, make it like a Mario64 on steroids.  Make what Mario64 was for N64, a WOW, a Masterpiece, a piece of Art, and I will be the first in line to buy your Next Gen Console ! Do it please. 

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.