By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any doubt that Zelda U will be 2015 GoTY?

Well let's see the nominees; 

First off we have Indiana Jones, wait no that's uncharted 4.

Second, first person star wars, wait no that's halo 5.

Thridly we have.... an actual legit first person star wars (Battlefront). 

Coming in 5th there's... Legend Of Zelda.

6th is, Final Fantasy with mechs, hang on no, that's xenoblade X 

7th is.... dark souls three, the quest for more blood

No.8 is.. hang on I think I'm reading this incorrectly, a Japanese game where you shoot ink, and squids aren't molesting shool girls (Splatoon). 

No.9 is X-wing simulater..... I mean Star Fox U 

And at No. 10 is First person star wars... uch fuck the jokes gotten old by now *sigh I mean "No man's sky". 

The way the years shaping up, my guess is that it's going to be something sci-fi related (sorry fantasy nerds).

Around the Network

I really don't care, I just want to play this babe!!!!!

mZuzek said:
LinkTheHuman said:

Well let's see the nominees; 

First off we have Indian Jones, wait no that's uncharted 4.
Second, first person star wars, wait no that's halo 5.
Thridly we have.... an actual legit first person star wars (Battlefront). 
Coming in 5th there's... Legend Of Zelda.
6th is, Final Fantasy with mechs, hang on no, that's xenoblade X 
7th is.... dark souls three, the quest for more blood
No.8 is.. hang on I think I'm reading this incorrectly, a Japanese game where you shoot ink, and squids aren't molesting shool girls (Splatoon). 
No.9 is X-wing simulater..... I mean Star Fox U 
And at No. 10 is First person star wars... uch fuck the jokes gotten old by now *sigh I mean "No man's sky". 

The way the years shaping up, my guess is that it's going to be something sci-fi related (sorry fantasy nerds).

Please stop being biased. By this logic, Zelda is Lord of the Rings.

Ha sorry, I didn't think of that. (I made fun of Star Fox if that makes you feel any better). 

P.S. I was just trying to show that a lot of games are inspired by other forms of media.

GOTY can be very political.  Next year will be an amazing showdown with a bunch of good exclusives. I think it has a good chance because xbox fans might vote for Zelda to avoid Uncharted from winning.  Depends on what all gets nominated.

will it be good? yes.
will it be game of the year? no.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
LinkTheHuman said:

Ha sorry, I didn't think of that. (I made fun of Star Fox if that makes you feel any better).

It doesn't because Star Fox is awesome.

One thing I'd like to point out before I sign out is that most of the games I listed are my favourite in the gaming industry (this is why they will most likely be up for GOTY as critics favour them as well) and that just because one likes a franchise doesn't mean that they can't poke fun at it.

Incidentally, this idea that there is only one GOTY is fundamentally flawed. Some years one particular game really storms the GOTY awards enough that you could say that it really is the singular GOTY. Other years, like most likely this year, there is no general consensus as to what the GOTY is. I don't know whether The Legend of Zelda Wii U will be the GOTY next year, but you can be 95% sure that it will win some GOTY awards.

Zelda is always a candidate, but with games like U4, Bloodborne, H5 or Batman, it's far from guaranteed.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I feel like MGS and The Witcher have the highest chances. Then Uncharted, Halo and Zelda.

Bloodbourne is coming out so yes

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection