By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Publicly Trolls IGN’s Pokémon Review

Do you feel sorry for Kallie Plagge?

No, she deserves being trolled by Nintendo. 172 89.58%

Yes, she doesn't deserve... 20 10.42%

Total:192

Nintendo Publicly Trolls IGN’s Pokémon Review

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby launched a couple of weeks ago to widespread praise. The remake received high scores across the board and it’s a game we especially enjoyed.

Even though the scores were favorable, some reviewers in particular did not enjoy some parts of the game, in particular IGN with the fact that there was “too much water.” The Hoenn region does hold a large volume of surfing area both above and below the surface. While their comment isn’t entirely incorrect, Nintendo took notice.

Through their Super Smash Bros. Facebook account, the Big N took slight jab at the review. While posting a picture of one of the game’s fighters, Greninja, they used a similar caption. Since Greninja is a Water-type Pokémon, the Facebook caption says, “Water, water everywhere…” and sure puts that complaint in its place.

Nintendo intentionally used that phrase to let them know, “hey, no duh there’s water. It’s not going to disappear because it was a remake.” They don’t seem too upset with the review because they know they did a great job, but it’s amusing hey took notice and decided to respond in such a sly, yet obvious way. All the fans in the comment section sure got a kick out of it.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/12/09/nintendo-publicly-trolls-igns-pokemon-review/122313/

I feel sorry for Kallie Plagge now...

Around the Network

Everybody in their mother publicly trolled IGN for this, even themselves.

Can't see why this is news worthy.

LOL you tell em Nintendo!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Wonder how that reviewer is feeling right now.

Nintendo are such trolls this gen. I love it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

I think the intern updating the page is very knowledgeable of memes.

Hopefully his mentors will see the positive response and keep him/her full time

I will give this troll a 7.8/10 cause theres too much water

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RCTjunkie said:

But what if it's a girl?

XanderXT said:
RCTjunkie said:

But what if it's a girl?

Sorry I didn't catch all my pronouns. My inner misogyny is showing. I blame the fact that my body is 65% water. Too much water.

I feel sorry for Kallie, but at the same time it was an unfair review and it needs to be pointed out. I mean, how many newcomers to the Pokemon series will potentially not buy ORAS because of the 7.8 that comes up as the first link on their Google search?

I think the right thing to have done here was for IGN to have pulled the review and protected both Kallie's reputation as well as Pokemon's.