By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Goblin co-founder: Saying PS4 is “More Powerful” Than Xbox One Or Vice Versa Is Really Misrepresenting How Games Work

The answer of a man backed into a corner and who didn't want to piss off either user base because he wants both to buy his game.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I agree. In the end, the best looking PS4 / XBO games will look better than the best looking Wii U games. When games look as good as MK8 & SSBU though, I don't think that's a big deal.

In the end it's about gameplay anyway so these differences aren't a big deal. 

As for the point of the thread though, yes, on a technical level, the PS4 is superior in the visual department 

I'm sorry but the visuals of mk8 and ssbu are vastly over stated.

That's not the point though. The point is Wii U has enough power to makes decent enough looking games. And that's true.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
phaedruss said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I agree. In the end, the best looking PS4 / XBO games will look better than the best looking Wii U games. When games look as good as MK8 & SSBU though, I don't think that's a big deal.

In the end it's about gameplay anyway so these differences aren't a big deal. 

As for the point of the thread though, yes, on a technical level, the PS4 is superior in the visual department 

That's not the point though. The point is Wii U has enough power to makes decent enough looking games. And that's true.

Yea if ps3 level is decent enough then sure.

Wait, he actually said PS4 isn't a million times better than the XOne hardware wise? That's gonna be ugly for the guy.

phaedruss said:
Squeezol said:
phaedruss said:

What ? Is this a joke?

Well, it obviously is. You can take a joke, right?

I dunno man. This place has been overrun by xbox one fanboys somehow.

This site has about 4.5 Xbox Fanboys

OT: I wish people that actually worked on consoles would stop offering commentary. These forums are a lot more fun when its 90% wish and a prayer and 10% logic-based contemplation rather than the other way around.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
Wait, he actually said PS4 isn't a million times better than the XOne hardware wise? That's gonna be ugly for the guy.

Yah he is in trouble...

Vladdie93 said:
I don't really care if it's slightly more powerful.
I bought it because it was cheaper, I liked the exclusives better, integration with my Vita, awesome controller, lots of indie content, and does the only thing I need it to do: Play games.

This thread isn't for you.

The thread is for people like ethomaz and guys likes that to come in here all red hot boiled up about the statements devs made. 

Then they will throw out some percentages, pixel count,TFLOPs and vegetation in a game no one stops to look a the grass, explaining why PS4 is king for the 1000th time on here.

starcraft said:

OT: I wish people that actually worked on consoles would stop offering commentary. These forums are a lot more fun when its 90% wish and a prayer and 10% logic-based contemplation rather than the other way around.

Yeah that's right.  It is on a wish and a prayer that people say that PS4 is more powerful.

Ok

phaedruss said:
binary solo said:
phaedruss said:

Yea if ps3 level is decent enough then sure.

You know that's not true.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

celador said:
starcraft said:

Yeah that's right.  It is on a wish and a prayer that people say that PS4 is more powerful.

Ok

Perhaps he meant wish and a prayer of all those Xb one secret sauce threads we got for about 6 months after Xb one launched: Cloud computing magic, EsRAM magic, DX12 magic, GPU optimisations magic... I'm sure I'm forgetting one or 2. 

PS4 has it's own GPGPU secret sauce magic too, but the difference is the Xb one secret sauces are all supposedly going to put Xb one on par with PS4, whereas GPGPU is meant to "take PS4 to the next level". But we know that for the most part the only people who will use GPGPU to take PS4 to the next level will be the first parties. 3rd parties won't make engines that make use of GPGPU unless GPGPU becomes more of a thing for PC games; which is unlikely because decent gaming PC's have far superior CPUs and so will never need to make use of GPGPU to maximise game performance.

The best looking games on consoles are always the exclusives, and for good reason. Even though Crisis 2 was [arguably] a temporary exception last gen, it was soon superceded on both consoles by exclusive games. 

Jimi Hendrix