By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sucker Punch’s Unannounced New Game Will Still Be “Open World” with “Diverse” Characters

Hope they show more stuff like this during Playstation experience. Owners have been kept in the dark for a long time regarding what on earth the PS4 has in store in future. News sites can only regurgitate BloodBorne and The Order news so many times.

Around the Network
Panama said:
Hope they show more stuff like this during Playstation experience. Owners have been kept in the dark for a long time regarding what on earth the PS4 has in store in future. News sites can only regurgitate BloodBorne and The Order news so many times.

PS4 has Until Dawn, Rime, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture and many third-party games announced.

GTAexpert said:
Panama said:

PS4 has Until Dawn, Rime, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture and many third-party games announced.

I just saw that list after posting, but I must say it's pretty unimpressive compared to what the PS2 had in its 2nd year. Possibly an erroneous comparison, but I just feel with its current momentum it could do better. Which is why I have my fingers crossed for this event in December. 

In all honesty though, not being able to secure FF15 and KH3 as exclusives was a pretty big oversight on Sony's part, regardless of how poorly they go on to sell on the Xbone. I hope they don't let more big titles slip through the cracks.

Panama said:
GTAexpert said:
Panama said:

I just saw that list after posting, but I must say it's pretty unimpressive compared to what the PS2 had in its 2nd year. Possibly an erroneous comparison, but I just feel with its current momentum it could do better. Which is why I have my fingers crossed for this event in December. 

In all honesty though, not being able to secure FF15 and KH3 as exclusives was a pretty big oversight on Sony's part, regardless of how poorly they go on to sell on the Xbone. I hope they don't let more big titles slip through the cracks.

Third-party games should never be exclusive to one system. They might not be PS4 exclusives, but they are there on PS4, that's what matters.

What matters are first-party exclusives and Sony have enough of them. Combined with the third-party games the library is much better than that of the PS2 in its second year.

GTAexpert said:
Panama said:
GTAexpert said:
Panama said:

Third-party games should never be exclusive to one system. They might not be PS4 exclusives, but they are there on PS4, that's what matters.

What matters are first-party exclusives and Sony have enough of them. Combined with the third-party games the library is much better than that of the PS2 in its second year.

Oh how mentalities change. I'm but a dinosaur in today's industry.

Around the Network

I'm playing through the Sly games at the minute. Just finished Sly 2: Band of Thieves last night. Would be cool if that'd taken what they learnt from the inFAMOUS games & made a massive open world Sly game.

Sucker Punch are actually awesome. I still consider Infamous 2 one of Ps3's greatest games. Looking forward to this.

Wright said:

Sucker Punch are actually awesome. I still consider Infamous 2 one of Ps3's greatest games. Looking forward to this.

I thought Infamous 2 was good, not very good. Have you played Infamous: Second Son? Its a far better game.

GTAexpert said:

I thought Infamous 2 was good, not very good. Have you played Infamous: Second Son? Its a far better game.

I haven't.

Wright said:
GTAexpert said:

I haven't.

Oh then, you should, you'll be amazed by it. It makes Infamous 2 look like an average game in comparison.