By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WatchDogsGame Account Tweets WatchDogs on Wii U Won’t Have DLC – Quickly Removes Tweet

flagstaad said:
JazzB1987 said:

Rayman was a good game and sold pretty well. Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed on the other hand were bad ports.

A friend of mine is playing PC games 640x480 because his GPU is so crappy he also has a framerate of 28fps or so. I cant stand low framerate but he does not really notice it. When a game is stuttering for me its still running fine in his opinion.

When he bought AC4 for his WiiU  and started it for the first time he said "OMFG whats with the shit framerate!" And never played it again. 
I laughed hard

AC4 for the Xbox One also was a low quality port compared to the competition, and that did not stop it from selling x4 the amount of the Wii U version, without ANY install base to begin with, by the way AC4 was patched on Wii U and the framerate did improved a little bit (though is still not at the same level as the other versions), and I have read a lot of comments mentioning "I keep hearing about these framerate issues, but they were never a problem for me", "it's a very good looking game and I've have very little issue with frame drops", and so on.

I have the game (bough it first week) but I have not yet played it, but from the comments of some of my friends is faaaaar from a "bad port" is just not polished enough, that did not stop it from getting good reviews and awful sales.

Just because some people buy shoes for 1000 bucks you do the same?  Some people understand the term VALUE others dont. Not everyone is the same.

I ignore every action game (slow paced games are an exception) when the framerate drops below 30 fps more than once every 2 seconds.

And reviewers are stupid anyway and are not doing their job if framerate disaster games like The Last of Us (drops to 18 fos) or Bayonetta1 (the whole port ran with half the FPS of the 360 version and has just 2 points less on metacritic!) or Skyrim on PS3 can get such high scores.
Or games like Castlevania Lords of shadows on 360 can get more than 80% even tho it drops to 12 fps.

Gameplay should never be compromised at all.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
zumnupy10 said:
Ubi clearly lost faith on WiiU after ZombieU reception.

Ubisoft lost faith after Assassin's Creed IV first month of sales, sure the sales of ZombiU were dissapointing but there was still hope (you know the install base is not there yet, the reviews were not that great, and so on) but after releasing Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends and finally Assassin's Creed IV and getting lackluster results, even compared to PS4 and Xbox One who had NO install base at all, they just gave up and decided to sacrifice the Wii U edition of Watch_dogs (they split it and put them to help the other teams) to release the other Before E3 2014 and risking losing the hype for the game.

Well, i bought all those games, can i complain?

I like Ubisoft, loved Child of Light, but they are pissing me off. I really wanted Freedom Cry DLC, but not going to buy the game again for that.
I also want to play Valiant Hearts, but the fact that they don't port something so easy annoys me. I won't buy it until it is released on Wii U or for $2 on steam.

They can only blame themselfs for what happened with Rayman, putting it among GTA V, Pokemon and other big hitters. Now they are going to put this game again just to die. While i have no plans of buying it now, because it honestly looks mediocre, I would have bought in May for Wii U out of hype.

Next year i will get a PS4 for Bloodborne, but won't buy their games there, because they really let me down this year.

and then they will complain that their games dont sell on wii u

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
vkaraujo said:

I like Ubisoft, loved Child of Light, but they are pissing me off. I really wanted Freedom Cry DLC, but not going to buy the game again for that.
I also want to play Brave Hearts, but the fact that they don't port something so easy annoys me. I won't buy it until it is released on Wii U or for $2 on steam.

They can only blame themselfs for what happened with Rayman, putting it among GTA V, Pokemon and other big hitters. Now they are going to put this game again just to die. While i have no plans of buying it now, because it honestly looks mediocre, I would have bought in May for Wii U out of hype.

Next year i will get a PS4 for Bloodborne, but won't buy their games there, because they really let me down this year.

Sure you can complain, but the truth is that we are way less than necessary to make it a viable market for the company.

The lack of port for Brave Valiant Hearts has a reason, as the decision was taken not only based on the effort required to port the game, the game is pretty dark and after the poor sales of mature games on the console Ubisoft did not wanted to risk it, by the way sales of Child of Light on the Wii U were not very high also.

The Rayman Legends release date was a mistake, but it came out with some decent improvements on the Wii U against other consoles, and even then is not very well ranked on the console, beaten by games like Mario & Sonic at the..., and Wii Party U, a real shame.

JazzB1987 said:

Just because some people buy shoes for 1000 bucks you do the same?  Some people understand the term VALUE others dont. Not everyone is the same.

I ignore every action game (slow paced games are an exception) when the framerate drops below 30 fps more than once every 2 seconds.

And reviewers are stupid anyway and are not doing their job if framerate disaster games like The Last of Us (drops to 18 fos) or Bayonetta1 (the whole port ran with half the FPS of the 360 version and has just 2 points less on metacritic!) or Skyrim on PS3 can get such high scores.
Or games like Castlevania Lords of shadows on 360 can get more than 80% even tho it drops to 12 fps.

Well if you don't buy the shoes then you can't complain when the shoemaker stop creating new ones your size, because there is a market for their shoes and you are clearly not part of it.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
JazzB1987 said:

Well if you don't buy the shoes then you can't complain when the shoemaker stop creating new ones your size, because there is a market for their shoes and you are clearly not part of it.

So, in your opinion, we should keep supporting a company that, not only delays games on purpose, also delivers incomplete experiences, just for the sake of a vague promise of "keep making games"? Oh, also the same company told everyone over the media that we, Nintendo console owners, only like kiddy games over their "mature games"?

I'm sorry, but I value my money more than that. I was one of the people that were overhyped about Watch_Dogs, and ended up totally frustrated with the delay. I used to support Ubisoft, getting games I wasn't satisfied with, just because they promised that they would deliver big things for us, and that they wouldn't let us down. But now I'm disappointed at them. And, as what happened to EA, I'll stop with said support. They won't see a penny from me anymore.

Dunno what to display here, soon I'll know what to put.

MagusDiablo said:
flagstaad said:
JazzB1987 said:

So, in your opinion, we should keep supporting a company that, not only delays games on purpose, also delivers incomplete experiences, just for the sake of a vague promise of "keep making games"? Oh, also the same company told everyone over the media that we, Nintendo console owners, only like kiddy games over their "mature games"?

I'm sorry, but I value my money more than that. I was one of the people that were overhyped about Watch_Dogs, and ended up totally frustrated with the delay. I used to support Ubisoft, getting games I wasn't satisfied with, just because they promised that they would deliver big things for us, and that they wouldn't let us down. But now I'm disappointed at them. And, as what happened to EA, I'll stop with said support. They won't see a penny from me anymore.

God forbid Ubisoft heard you. It would mean the end of Just Dance and The Voice for Wii U as we know it!!!

I hope them deleting the Tweat is something more positive like they will release the game with the Added Content, plus at a $40. I think if they do this it could have the potential of 500k with it coming out near Xmas and all.

That's just me hoping for the best. But we all know this news means the worst...

flagstaad said:
vkaraujo said:

I also want to play Brave Hearts, but the fact that they don't port something so easy annoys me. I won't buy it until it is released on Wii U or for $2 on steam.

Sure you can complain, but the truth is that we are way less than necessary to make it a viable market for the company.

The lack of port for Brave Valiant Hearts has a reason, as the decision was taken not only based on the effort required to port the game, the game is pretty dark and after the poor sales of mature games on the console Ubisoft did not wanted to risk it, by the way sales of Child of Light on the Wii U were not very high also.

The Rayman Legends release date was a mistake, but it came out with some decent improvements on the Wii U against other consoles, and even then is not very well ranked on the console, beaten by games like Mario & Sonic at the..., and Wii Party U, a real shame.

The truth is that you don't know the actual sales of Child of Light, so it may very well be satisfactory. Valiant Hearts, Child of light, or any mature game can find a decent audience on the Wii U (especially the eshop, according to their demographics http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/interesting-wii-u-eshop-details-revealed-at-unite-2014/ ) IF they are made well with the hardware in mind and with sufficient advertisement.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
oh god, at least wait for the game to release first or say that it is not decided for the time being

this is just pathetic, and dumb from the marketing point of view

better not release it at all if you un-support it before it is even releases - .-

... are you actually suggesting that keeping the customer in the dark about their plan to not support the game after release in the way that they supported the other versions is what they SHOULD have done? Rather than actually supporting it, and showing the customers that they give a damn?

Dunban67 said:
As a Wii U owner I am happy to have the opportunitty to buy a high profile ,3rd party game - I don t understand why so many Nintendo fans denounce the game like previous ,3rd party games then complain about it being delayed and decide to Boycott the game that you had already announced you would not buy, Then get upset that DLC may not be released for this same game.

Step 1: 3rd party announces game for Wii u. - Denounce game as inferior to 1st party software and announce you will not be purchasing said 3rd party release

Step 2: game release is delayed- Announce Boycott of game you were not going to purchase anyway

Step 3: DLC may not come to said game that no one was going to buy and further boycotted

Step 4: Boycott developer that has announced they will not be supporting the Wii u platform due to poor sales

Step 5: call developer stupid for not throwing good money after bad

You clearly haven't been following what people have said in all of this.

1. I, for instance, had full intention of buying Watch_Dogs for Wii U, when it was set to release alongside the other consoles.

2. When the delay was announced, it went from "definite buy" to "going to have to convince me, now", because if it's getting a 6 month delay, it had better be worth it.

3. One of the conditions of actually supporting the game was that DLC had to still be coming. I'm not supporting a third party that isn't going to support me and the games I buy from them. If this tweet is accurate, then that's a huge strike against the game (there are ways to compensate... no DLC because it's included in the base game, or much lower price, or extra exclusive content, or game significantly improved over the others with regards to its weaknesses).

Note that I didn't buy Call of Duty: Ghost... until the Freefall DLC was released for the system (for free, as was appropriate, considering). Then I bought the game, expecting that the next CoD would also be coming to the system. If the developers shows me respect, I'll be far more likely to support their product.

4. There was no plan to boycott. I bought Rayman Legends, and I bought Assassin's Creed III. This was to be my third Ubisoft title for the Wii U.

5. Developers are stupid for throwing money away - that is, wasting money on half-arsed ports rather than either not supporting in the first place (and providing real justification for that failure to support) or putting real effort into the game. At this point, it's looking like Watch_Dogs Wii U has been designed to fail - they're intentionally wasting money, from what I can see, to justify stopping support for the Wii U.

Consider EA. They had a supposed "partnership" with Nintendo, that was supposed to produce a heap of games. What did it produce? Four titles, all of which were sabotaged immediately. Mass Effect 3 was announced as a "special edition"... only to have Mass Effect Trilogy announced for the other systems, at the same price. Fifa 13 for Wii U was just a port of Fifa 12 for Wii with updated roster. Madden 13 Wii U was lacking the game engine that had been introduced for 360/PS3 that dramatically boosted quality of the game. And then Need for Speed Wii U was released six months late and EA had already announced no further support for the system before it launched

The ONLY possible interpretation, at this point, considering that it takes more than 6 months to develop a game, is that EA had already ceased all of their development for the Wii U, with the exception of NFS (which got delayed), prior to launch - it couldn't possibly be anything to do with sales. And since EA are treating me like crap, I'm not going to buy NFS, which was the only "decent" EA title on Wii U, from what I hear. And at this point, it looks like Ubisoft are following suit.

So I'm going to ask you this: why should I support a company that treats me like an undesirable customer, who seems to go out of their way to annoy me? Why should Nintendo system owners buy inferior titles late and at full price to show "support" for the publisher, who would then just use that support to justify more inferior, late titles (like Capcom did with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles on Wii, for instance)? Why do people suggest that it's our fault for not buying their crap?