By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has another price cut in UK! Now £329.99

100 quid cheaper within the year. Goodness. The UK did have the worst launch price of all though.

Around the Network

Microsoft just needs to release Minecraft " 2" as a timed exclusive on Xbox One for about a couple weeks to a month then release the PC version. This will make Xbox One sells go through the roof so to speak.

There is only so much that money can do, perhaps it would be best to place all the bets on one country. But what do I know, I'm just an armchair CEO.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

This price cut is pretty much pointless. It's so close to the holidays and any boost in sales will be due to FIFA and the start of the holidays. Really bad timing on Microsofts part. I guess the Destiny launch week must have been really bad? Getting outsold 2:1 on the biggest launch of the year is pretty worrying.

wary-wallaroo said:
The problem isn't price. I know it's hard for some to believe but maybe people just don't want an X1.

So increasing the price would have no impact?

"People just don't want an X1" isn't a solution. MS is making moves to stimulate sales and they have been successful.

There isn't much they can do or willing to do to put X1 sales over PS4. But finding ways to boost sales is still worth doing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

There is only so much that money can do, perhaps it would be best to place all the bets on one country. But what do I know, I'm just an armchair CEO.

Spending money can keep the X1 relevant.

If MS does nothing, the console just fades into obscurity like Sony's portable platform.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Spending money can keep the X1 relevant.

If MS does nothing, the console just fades into obscurity like Sony's portable platform.

Infinite money doesn't mean infinite relevance, and while MS might have a lot of money, they don't have an infinite amount.

You don't have to be so insecure whenvever someone suggests an alternative method to help increase the sales of the XB1 as to always bring up the Vita, which is in a completely different scenario and is a little less important than a flagship console.

I mean the best part is that you're telling this to me as if If I gave a damn about how the Vita was doing. FYI, the last handheld gaming device, not including smartphones, that I have ever owned was the GBA SP, I have never owned a Sony Portable device. So everytime you mention the Vita to me, it just reminds me of that meaningless "You too/me too" defense and I'm just sitting there asking: 

So? What does [Vita] have to do with anything?

Besides if the One needs money, just to stay relevant, than its not really relevant itself is it? It's just the money surronding it. Probably why, its about to get outsold 3:1 globally YTD and 2:1 globally LTD.

Poor Vita. Poor XB1. If you need the Vita to help you sleep after seeing another NPD, then maybe you are to emotionally invested in these Warz.

BTW, I hope you give me those TL:DR images, you're so fond of replying with, its not like you are the one who quoted me in the first place.

Lol.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Why didn't Sony do this for the Vita? It wasn't selling, nothing was coming out, people thought it was too expensive and then the memory cards ontop of that. The Vita could be competing with the 3DS.

Honestly, it's smart for Microsoft to do this. They're not selling so either this or Xbox One is going to be just like the Vita. Okay. Not that bad. Microsoft actually is supporting their console a lot. So the Xbox One will actually have more than just indies.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Infinite money doesn't mean infinite relevance, and while MS might have a lot of money, they don't have an infinite amount.

So? What does [Vita] have to do with anything?

Alright, I erased everything that I felt was nonsense. I'll respond to these comments!

When I say relevant I mean a platform people are aware of, its selling a fair amount of hardware, and getting good support.

I used Vita merely as an example of what happens when hardware isn't supported properly. Even when it comes from Playstation, a brand that's on the top of its game.

Recently Completed

kupomogli said:
Why didn't Sony do this for the Vita? It wasn't selling, nothing was coming out, people thought it was too expensive and then the memory cards ontop of that. The Vita could be competing with the 3DS.

Honestly, it's smart for Microsoft to do this. They're not selling so either this or Xbox One is going to be just like the Vita. Okay. Not that bad. Microsoft actually is supporting their console a lot. So the Xbox One will actually have more than just indies.

This!

People look at MS's efforts with the X1 futile because it won't catch up to PS4. But the reality is the X1 can still develop a large audience and can ultimately be remembered as a great platform.

The PS3 did many price cuts, bundled many games, lost much of its userbase from PS2, but it was still a great console.

A worst case scenario for for X1 is the Vita route.

Recently Completed