By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - High School Girl Taunted, Beaten At Bus Stop For Acting ‘Too Much Like A White Person’

intra-black racism is about something more than just Chris Rock's "black people and niggers" bit. A lot of resentment exists between lighter skinned blacks and dark skinned blacks in America, but it's rarely something that's addressed outside of the black community (i remember Oprah did a bit on it, and alleged she had encountered it in her family)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
drangleic_knight said:
Lol makes you love blacks even more huh

FentonCrackshell said:
My Brother In Law is white. He wears a suit & tie to work but when he's home he wears Air Jordans and baseball caps. His aunt told him that he needs to find his cultural identity. I'm black wear a suit & tie to work. When I'm home I wear fitted jeans, boots, and boat shoes. I've been told by people in my old neighborhood that I "act white". WTF is wrong with people?

man that sounds frustrating .. when will these people learn to accept that others feel comfortable in a different way then they do themselves ?

jigokutamago said:
We must remember that although we've come a long way, racism still plagues America and much of the world.

It's time we educate the children.

Should I worry? A few months I showed my daughter an eggplant and said I don't like them and she reponded "The people with the brown skin, they like them, right?"

She isn't racist by the way, just found it funny.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

drangleic_knight said:
Lol makes you love blacks even more huh

WTF?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
intra-black racism is about something more than just Chris Rock's "black people and niggers" bit. A lot of resentment exists between lighter skinned blacks and dark skinned blacks in America, but it's rarely something that's addressed outside of the black community (i remember Oprah did a bit on it, and alleged she had encountered it in her family)

It was something even more prevalent back in the day when Portuguese used to appoint light skinned blacks in Guinea plantations to serve as foreman.

Light skinned women often were used as concubines and light skinned kids also got tasked less and often had perks.

That was an old tatic that European settlers used to divide the slaves and keep control.

In most african countries this practice was forgotten but in places like Congo, Tutsies and Hutus still feel the damage done by Belgians, which ruled them with ubber brutality.

Bullying doesn't need reasons. It's all about not liking someone and having the ablity to cause pain to that person. Because It makes the bully feel powerful.

Goatseye said:
Mr Khan said:

It was something even more prevalent back in the day when Portuguese used to appoint light skinned blacks in Guinea plantations to serve as foreman.

Light skinned women often were used as concubines and light skinned kids also got tasked less and often had perks.

That was an old tatic that European settlers used to divide the slaves and keep control.

In most african countries this practice was forgotten but in places like Congo, Tutsies and Hutus still feel the damage done by Belgians, which ruled them with ubber brutality.

Can't be sure there's any causation between that and relations in the US.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This is nothing new, obviously. I went to a school that was pretty evenly split between white people and black people. Racial tensions were often high, especially since we had quite a few rednecks, as well. Black people who got too chummy with white people were often singled out.

I remember one incident that pretty ugly. A group of white guys were into Frisbee and would play at lunch. There was a black kid who liked to play, as well, and he would occasionally join them. One day the "bad" black guys noticed this and started mocking him from where they hung out. They yelled some really ugly stuff but he ignored them at first. Eventually they started throwing rocks at him, as hard as they could. They ran him off and I'm pretty sure he never played with the white kids again.

DonFerrari said:
method114 said:
That sucks to hear. I hate bullying and I hate seeing people get bullied. I got bullied one time my dad made me fight the kid and I got punched in the stomach and went down like a sack of bricks. Quickly learned that the humiliation and just the whole experience was much worse than the actual fight and I made sure it never happened again. People wanted to try and bully me I quickly snapped and started swinging.

Even got to a point that if I saw someone messing with my friends I'd quickly jump in and let the bully know that my friends might not want to fight but I'm ready and willing. I just hated seeing my friends go through that experience that I went through. Maybe I should have let them deal with and learn like I did but I was only 12 so I didn't know very much.

It's good to stand your ground as long as the bullier are "fair" and won't spank you close to death everytime... congrats on owning for yourself and friends, I really mean it... it's easy to fight and kick ass when you are sure you will make all others suffer (bullying), but to raise your head and accept you will suffer pain is quite corageous.

Thank you. Yes I agree things are a bit different these days with bullies grouping up and doing the things they're doing not just one bully doing it a lone on top of laying some viicious beatings on people. I've never had to deal with groups it was one person every time. I personally can understand school shooting the torment that constant verbal abuse/bullying does to someone is horrible and I can't even imagine what it does to you mentally after years and years I dealth with it for a month maybe two (I was eight can't remember exactly how long it went on).

Also to brighten peoples day in this thread here is a guy saving a girl being beaten by five other girls.