By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Will Challenge Sony Japan’s Press Conference with a 24 Hour Xbox One Launch Livestream

Meh, I'll stick to Sony's conference. MS has so far shown nothing new or appealing. Their biggest reveal at GC was a moneyhat of game that was already revealed.

Around the Network

This is similar to last year. MS showed its entire hand in E3 2013 and didn't have a press conference in either Gamescom or TGS. This year, MS had a decent, but safe E3 and an even more conservative Gamescom. The most interesting part of MS's Gamescom conference was a moneyhat that drew more negative attention than positive. This 24-hour livestream won't help X1's fortunes in Japan, whatsoever.

Meanwhile, SCEJ is having its own press conference on Sept. 1 and another one on TGS. Whatever Sony still has up its sleeve, it's a f***in lot, especially in context of how many new games they announced during E3 and Gamescom.

I don't remember any game announcements at the launch livestreams for PS4/XBO so I wouldn't expect any here. If they had they'd be hyping it up.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It will be embarassing to have an empty audience, low ratings on nico nico, 10k preorders and 24h of streaming games the japanese don't care.
Does anyone think that maybe justlike USA gone X360 to PS4 Japan will go PS3 to X1?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

At least they are trying.
But I doubt the Japanese will buy a Xbox one know it is a weaker console than the PS4. they are anal about their specs like that. Not to mention the hatred they have for western games there. I was in a game store in Tokyo back in 2012 and they had a bin at the back of the store in which they kept western games and it was labelled "JUNK" in English. Maybe it is not like this everywhere but it can't be so far off.

Around the Network

I wonder if we'll get any X1 exclusives announced during the 24 hours.

Well I'm interested in seeing what they got.

overman1 said:
At least they are trying.
But I doubt the Japanese will buy a Xbox one know it is a weaker console than the PS4. they are anal about their specs like that. Not to mention the hatred they have for western games there. I was in a Japanese game store in Tokyo in 2012 and they had a bin at the back of the store where they kept western games and it was labelled "JUNK" in English. Maybe it is not like this everywhere but it can't be so far off.

If they were trying they would be at TGS.