By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Is Working Towards “a Future Where Consoles Could Disappear” as it Tackles Cloud Gaming

toot1231 said:
MoHasanie said:
toot1231 said:
Gaming is dead to me when something like this happens.

It will happen soon. Sony will still make games though so what's the problem? 

I don't support digital games at all.

If physical games dissapear then I will not support any "system" or company that does it.

I know for a fact im not alone on this.

How do you watch movies or listen to music? Video games will have to be like other forms of media or die out.

Around the Network

To everyone saying they won't support digital media for games, you will support it or you won't game anymore. Simple as that. Do you not play games on your phone? Do you listen to mp3s? Do you have Netflix? The sooner gaming goes the way of digital the sooner is becomes more affordable.

If the video game industry transitions to digital based content then I'm out.

Wow, for anyone who doubts that this is the future, please look towards Steam. It's not going to happen in 5 years, but I'll be shocked if our console ecosystem exists like it does now in 13-14 years.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MoHasanie said:
toot1231 said:
Gaming is dead to me when something like this happens.

It will happen soon. Sony will still make games though so what's the problem? 

Yea I could go back to PC gaming and just use the service on that PC. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
To everyone saying they won't support digital media for games, you will support it or you won't game anymore. Simple as that. Do you not play games on your phone? Do you listen to mp3s? Do you have Netflix? The sooner gaming goes the way of digital the sooner is becomes more affordable.

no, no and no. No problem for me, I will play games on Wii U2. Simple. I don't buy digital games on my PS4.

outlawauron said:
Wow, for anyone who doubts that this is the future, please look towards Steam. It's not going to happen in 5 years, but I'll be shocked if our console ecosystem exists like it does now in 13-14 years.

Steam is great. Aslong as I can download games onto a hard disk I'm happy going digital. Streaming is just not going to cut it though. I haven't tried PS Now as it's not available in Australia but I can't imagine it ever becoming lag free.

Locknuts said:
outlawauron said:

Steam is great. Aslong as I can download games onto a hard disk I'm happy going digital. Streaming is just not going to cut it though. I haven't tried PS Now as it's not available in Australia but I can't imagine it ever becoming lag free.

I imagine they'd intergrate together. Where you can do the current streaming for an amount of time, or play off the cloud as it downloads and installs to allow for seamless purchase and play.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tuscaniman99 said:

No they won't. We will still pay the same prices. The companies will keep the reduced costs to themselves. As for your comments. 1 No, 2 yes, but I still buy the CD's and have perminate hard backups from HDD failures, 3 no, I buy DVD's and BD's then rip them myself when I need to watch stuff on the go. I probably won't game anymore. I never like trusting companies with property. Not to mention my shit internet that goes down every week. I still buy my PC games phsycially. I have to activate some games through steam etc. But at least I can install them faster.

POE said:
Fusioncode said:
POE said:
Well, it makes sense for them to do this since they are one of the principal culprits of making console gaming disappear.

They're the only ones who've made a successful console this gen. Hard to hear I know. 

At the cost of anti consumer stuff.

You mean like them region locking their systems? Oh wait that's Nintendo...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!