By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Pushed Japanese Wii U Software Sales to “Four Times” Amount of Last Year, Hardware Selling Wel

Only a couple hours more to go and we can finally see how Hyrule Warriors performed on its first week in Japan.

I'm more interested in Wii U's HW sales though.

Around the Network
vivster said:
So if you release more software, people will buy more software?

Nintendo finally found their secret recipe.

Shhh! That is the secret to selling consoles and obliviously isnt known to Nintendo yet.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

vivster said:
KLAMarine said:
vivster said:
So if you release more software, people will buy more software?

Nintendo finally found their secret recipe.

I'm detecting some sarcasm here: you speak as though Nintendo didn't already know this.

Well if they knew of it before the next question would be why they didn't act upon it earlier.

So we can choose from either ignorant or incompetent. I like the first one. What's your choice?

They stated that MK8, 3D World, Pikmin 3 and a few other games were supposed to come out earlier, and would have really helped give the console that early push, but they took too long on them. So I guess they just need more staff.

Too bad it will probably be one of the more "meh" Wii U exclusives on deck. But then again, we're talking about a country that considers Nintendogs to be an amazing gaming franchise and often shuns 3D Zelda games...

ECM said:

I like the third option: games cost huge amounts of time, money, and resources to make, and one company can only do so much while supporting two different platforms that aren't directly compatible.

(Just ask Sony and MS and their, in relative terms, anemic first party output.)

Sony's first party output is anemic? They released 8 first-party games last year, compared to Nintendo's 6 first-party games in 2013.

Around the Network

inb4 numbers come out and its said that the game is a flop and nintendo is doomed!

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The question being : how bad were last year sales?

ryuzaki57 said:
The question being : how bad were last year sales?

Week ending August 18th Wii U sales in Japan was 11,634

Week ending August  25th Wii U sales in Japan was 7,004

Software wise

August 18th Wii U software was: 34,147

August 25th Wii U software was: 25,581

What was released last year?

Lawlight said:
What was released last year?

I know Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 were out around that time