Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Happy new year to all the weebs here.

As far as anime goes, I watched the most during this year so discovered some great things like Jojo, Nanoha and Natsume thanks to some friends and a bunch of other shows, so pretty good year overall, so I decided to post my updated top 10 anime, quite a bit changed.

1. Kill la Kill

2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

4. Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

5. Kyousou Giga (TV)

6. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

7. El Cazador de la Bruja

8. Fate/Zero

9. Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

10. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's

Gotta think what am I going to replace whenever the Stone Ocean adaptation comes.

Around the Network

Happy New Year! im a little late for obvious reasons.

2016 was a great year in anime for me. I finally watched all of what's currently out of the Monogatari series, ending the year with Kizumonogatari II and starting Naruto Shippuuden from episode 1 and catching up finally. Not sure how many shows I watched in general, maybe 70'ish.

Whilst i was going to list my top 10 for the end of 2016 like Ramdom, i cant.. anytime i make a top 10 i instantly regret it. I've watched too much good anime that i don't feel i can make a top 10 i personally feel happy with ever.

But saying that, my top 5, whilst still being dominated by the same 4 anime did have a new entry in it to start 2017 off at number 5, FLCL. Ive wanted to watch this one for years and years and it lived up to my anticipation, i definitely should have watched this one a lot sooner! the soundtrack, the animation, the characters and the silliness, perfect.

1. Natsume Yuujinchou Season 3 - No Change
2. Non Non Byori Repeat - No Change
3. Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann - +1
4. So Ra No Wo To - +1
5. FLCL - New entry for 2017.

My list will follow as soon as I'm done with this season.

Has anyone finished Occultic;Nine? I'm pondering if it's worth to watch the episodes after Ep 4 or if I should just drop it. It feels really intriguing with great art but the story telling is a total mess and hard to watch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Has anyone finished Occultic;Nine? I'm pondering if it's worth to watch the episodes after Ep 4 or if I should just drop it. It feels really intriguing with great art but the story telling is a total mess and hard to watch.

What happend, thought you loved Occultic;Nine.. did you finnally realise how much of a trainwreck it is?

Versus_Evil said:
vivster said:

What happend, thought you loved Occultic;Nine.. did you finnally realise how much of a trainwreck it is?

I still really like the first episode. I also love the style and the OP and ED. It's pretty hard to watch though. It's one of those animes I genuinely want to give a chance. Kinda like Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Alright so I've finished Psycho Pass season 1. Quite enjoyed it! It was easy to get into because I'm a fan of cyberpunk/futuristic settings, and the writing was competent enough to keep me hooked. Ended up buying it on blu-ray as a present for my sister. I've read that the writer also penned Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica so those will be on my radar for sure (liked his style).

Anyhow I haven't decided if I want to stick with the same sort of thing for my next show (which would probably be GiTS SAC season 1) or if I should keep it fresh with a comedy like "Daily Lives of High School Boys". I ended up watching the first few episodes of the latter as a breather, but I didn't end up doing much breathing haha.

Other than those two, in the near future I have Monster, Shinsekai Yori, Usagi Drop, Fate/Zero and The Devil is a Part Timer to look forward to.

God damnit guys I'm stuck in another binge cycle pls send help

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Alright so I've finished Psycho Pass season 1. Quite enjoyed it! It was easy to get into because I'm a fan of cyberpunk/futuristic settings, and the writing was competent enough to keep me hooked. Ended up buying it on blu-ray as a present for my sister. I've read that the writer also penned Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica so those will be on my radar for sure (liked his style).

Anyhow I haven't decided if I want to stick with the same sort of thing for my next show (which would probably be GiTS SAC season 1) or if I should keep it fresh with a comedy like "Daily Lives of High School Boys". I ended up watching the first few episodes of the latter as a breather, but I didn't end up doing much breathing haha.

Other than those two, in the near future I have Monster, Shinsekai Yori, Usagi Drop, Fate/Zero and The Devil is a Part Timer to look forward to.

Just don't watch Psycho Pass season 2. Save yourself the pain of such mediocrity as a followup to a genuinely good anime.

LuckyTrouble said:
ReimTime said:

Just don't watch Psycho Pass season 2. Save yourself the pain of such mediocrity as a followup to a genuinely good anime.

Yeah I've read in a lot of places that the second season really fell short. The first season ended on an open enough note to allow for a good second season, so what happened?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Shinsekai Yori.. I'm glad I got to know you before you broke. I'll always remember you.

And Usagi Drop, what a shame what happened to that. Anybody who wants to watch that just don't read the manga after you've finish the anime, sigh. I was spoiled and I'll never ever watch that anime.