By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

I watched Devilman Crybaby last night and a certain episode alone turned me into an emotional trainwreck at like 1:30AM.

Jesus I can't remember the last time I watched an episode of an Anime that was so messed up and brutal. 

Overall great series, if your into hyper violent series and/or series that can turn you into an emotional trainwreck I highly recommend it.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Recently I saw a video about some of the anime coming next season and one of them caught my eye, Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. I recalling hearing that it was getting an anime adaptation, but even after seeing it, I still couldn't believe it. This was a manga recommendation in the other thread and I really came to like it. Never expected an anime treatment though, but now that it is, I gotta give it a watch, haha. That makes one I'll be bookmarking in the next season xD

I'm looking forward to that one, the images you post in the Manga thread look really cute. I think Poko mentioned the manga being pretty successful so this will be my chance to see what the buzz is.

I have a few other rom-coms in my list for next season, but that's the one I'm most looking forward to for sure.

BasilZero said: 

1 in the morning workout

1 during breakfast

1 during dinner
2 during evening workout

1 right before going to sleep

^ Not always 6 eps but I try :p

I watch 6 eps during Saturday (3 during my morning work out which is 1 hour) and (3 during my evening workout which is 1 hour too). One during breakfast and one during lunch - so that makes 8 on Saturday. 8 on Sundays sometimes but due to church, it ends up being like around 4-5 on Sundays.

I like routines. I usually watch 2 eps/weekday with dinner, and then 4-6 eps on the weekend when I'm bored. Gym time is a good idea though, would make cardio days go pretty fast.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Alright, finally putting together my winter anime run-down. If you don't like gifs, leave now! Or scroll down. Or something. I'll give some space before they start.

Winter 2018 Anime Summary

Best Guy: Villar Constance (Grancrest Senki)

Best Guy (runner-up): Rei Kiriyama (Sangatsu no Lion - Season 2)

Best Girl: Hinata Kawamoto (Sangatsu no Lion - Season 2)

Best Girl (runner-up): Siluca Methes (Grancrest Senki)

Best Villain: Milza Kuces (Grancrest Senki) 

Kinda wins by default here 

Best Ship: Yuzu/Mei (Citrus)

Best Ship (runner-up): Nishikata/Takagi (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san)

Best Bout: The Fall of Castle Unicorn (Grancrest Senki) - Basically any part of episode 11, can't find a specific video on it

Best Comedy: Yuru Camp

Couldn't decide on one gif. Gomen gomen.

Best Studio: Shaft

Best OP: Azalea - nano.RIPE (Citrus)

Best ED: Torikago - XX:me (Darling in the Franxx)

AOTS:  Sangatsu no Lion - Season 2

AOTS (runner-up): Karakai Jouzo no Takagi-San 

Overall Thoughts: While Sangatsu no Lion is a continuation, and I hype it to hell and back to anyone caught in the same room as me on accident, I still feel it's the strongest show I've watched this season. Excellent drama, great comedy, very realistic characters, it's definitely the anime I looked forward to the most every week, and feel bummed it's over. Hopefully a season 3 is announced, I'm sure there's more content to adapt and this anime really deserves it.

Most of my other anime were as good as I was expecting, save a few. DarFranxx has a fallen a bit for me, I mentioned it before but I honestly don't care much for the teen drama, which seems hard to ignore given it's tied closely with the premise. Still an interesting watch, and I look forward to learning more about this world, but I'm reminded so much of Kiznaiver I can't help but feel a bit skeptical this will satisfy me in the end.

Grancrest Senki might be my biggest surprise overall. Not necessarily good or bad in this case. Was expecting an okay light novel type plot with a fantasy war setting, and the generic JRPG backdrop wasn't all that impressive, but eh, the main ship and girl seemed nice. Really wasn't expecting it to get so..gruesome and dark. The deaths of Count Villar and his red waifu, and Marrine letting Milza have sex with her in exchange for military favor in a psuedo-NTR scene, definitely weren't plot points I was expecting going into this. Kinda feels like I started Fairy Tail and ended with Game of Thrones...or I started Fire Emblem Awakening and ended with Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It's...interesting. Not sure if I could say it's great yet, but I'm interested in continuing it, for what it's worth.

Most Hyped for Next Season: Shokugeki no Souma: Hokkaido Arc (More Erina hype!)

I'll update the poll sometime this week to something related to next season. Not tonight though, I'm too tired. *yawns*

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 01 April 2018

Super_Boom said:

Best Ship: Yuzu/Mei (Citrus)

Best Comedy: Yuru Camp

Couldn't decide on one gif. Gomen gomen.

Bringing Boom to the dark side, one girl show at a time.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

I agree with so much of this, except the ship and comedy, obviously runner up is best ship, or siluca x theo. Also... Milza best villain... I mean I get it but god.... well I guess being a good villain means i hate him.

Villar is def best dude... I'm still.... urgh....

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Mike321 said: 

ARamdomGamer said:
Bringing Boom to the dark side, one girl show at a time.

Baaaaaka, I like all ships! *eyes shine with equality*

uran10 said:

Also... Milza best villain... I mean I get it but god.... well I guess being a good villain means i hate him.

Villar is def best dude... I'm still.... urgh....

My ideal villain is someone I "love to hate." Villains like Yoshikage in Jojo, Doflamingo in One PIece, or more recently, Bondrewd in Made in Abyss. Basically a character that, despite being irredeemable, is just so interesting or intriguing I can't help but want to see more of them.

Milza is more like...a villain I'd love to see smashed into a million pieces and then have those pieces eaten by a cow I don't know. I hate his guts, and if he died next episode, I can't say I'd mind at all. I suppose that makes him an effective villain, for sure, just a far cry from my ideal villain character.

And Villar...yeah... T_T

----------------------

Winner of VGC's Winter 2018 AOTS is...Other, with Violet Evergarden, A Place Further than the Universe, and Yuru Camp all tied for 2nd.

Yayyyy, a lot of choices. Seems like a good season overall...or just one without a solid favorite.

-----------------------

New poll is: Most Hyped Spring 2018 Anime! Vote for your favorite, tell us your tale, and like usual, be nice. Even you. *looks at you*

Most anticipated tv show is def the second season of Amanchu, more muppet faces with wholesome character development.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut my actual hype airs in June, when the Asagao to Kase-san OVA airs, lovely, soft yuri from one of my favorite manga.

Please support them, they deserve the love, if you need some fluff in your life. The little yuri manga that could, already got a music video and now their full OVA.

As for stuff that is already airing, Uma Musume was a nice surprise, is pretty cute, good horse gags, entertaining characters, decent animation, the sensei will probably be an alright character and tbh, it already earns a 10 just for the second episode.

My unlimited bias for canon moms. Is nice to see that Japan can be normal when monster girls are involved Kappa

In no particular order, my favorites frim the winter season were Overlord, Black Clover, Deathmarch to the Parallel World Rhapsody, Record of the Grancrest War and Darling in the Franxxx.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens and Katana Maidens Toji No Miko were alright. I plan on watching Garo Vanishing Line (maybe after watching earlier shows but I might just watch it anyway) and Basilisk The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (after rewatching earlier show).

It was a really good season. Black Clover surprised me. Makes up for Boruto.

1st episode of Tokyo Ghoul was AWESOME!!! Did not read the manga, so I was like "who are you" to like 95% of the characters they showed. I am more excited now for this!

Pocky Lover Boy!