By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Aww yeah! I'll probably be posting a lot in this thread. Once I get on my PC I'll post some sweet K-On pictures :)
I can't wait for Hanamonogatari!

Around the Network
pokoko said:
vivster said:
pokoko said:

Shoujo anime is one of my favorite genres when done well.  That's why anime like Skip Beat, Nodame Cantabile, Kimi ni Todoke, and Kare Kano are among my favorites.

Maybe I should list my recommendations, too.

How about josei? Chihayafuru is just epic.

I started to type that but didn't since it's not technically shoujo.  Then again, I think Nodame Cantabile is josei, too.  

Chihayafuru is one of the best anime/manga of the last several years.  In fact, I've been thinking about rewatching the first season soon, possibly after I'm done with the Yamada and the Seven Witches drama.

Josei has such a wide range but it does include many of my favorites like Nana and Princess Jellyfish.

I wanted to watch Nana but so far I couldn't finish it. I've been to ep 15 or so but it was just too much drama for me at that time.

I still enjoyed Nana's cameo in Golden Time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So far this season I'm watching Barakamon, Free: Eternal Summer!, Glasslip, Tokyo ESP and Zankyou no Terror.

Barakamon is soo good. The manga is awesome, and I'm so glad that they've managed to stay true to that feeling in the show. I love all the characters.

Zankyou no Terror is a classic in the making. Like it's amazing. Really, really loving it.

As for the others, Free! is Free! so I love it, and Glasslip is pretty decent. Tokyo ESP I'll probably drop tbh, I have very little desire to keep up with it.

mtachi said:
So far this season I'm watching Barakamon, Free: Eternal Summer!, Glasslip, Tokyo ESP and Zankyou no Terror.

Barakamon is soo good. The manga is awesome, and I'm so glad that they've managed to stay true to that feeling in the show. I love all the characters.

Zankyou no Terror is a classic in the making. Like it's amazing. Really, really loving it.

As for the others, Free! is Free! so I love it, and Glasslip is pretty decent. Tokyo ESP I'll probably drop tbh, I have very little desire to keep up with it.

I've heard a lot of good things about Barakamon. Probably going to start it soon.

I agree about Zankyou no Terror. It's so chilling and well done. Easily the early top candidate for best anime of the season.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
mtachi said:

I've heard a lot of good things about Barakamon. Probably going to start it soon.

I agree about Zankyou no Terror. It's so chilling and well done. Easily the early top candidate for best anime of the season.

It's really fantastic. Overall, I'm liking the Summer 2014 season much more than the Spring 2014 shows. Out of them, I only watched Isshuukan Friends right through. I'm still planning on completing Black Bullet, but I dropped a LOT of shows last season.

Around the Network
mtachi said:
VanceIX said:
mtachi said:

It's really fantastic. Overall, I'm liking the Summer 2014 season much more than the Spring 2014 shows. Out of them, I only watched Isshuukan Friends right through. I'm still planning on completing Black Bullet, but I dropped a LOT of shows last season.

Black Bullet was amazing. You should also try No Game No Life, it was very enjoyable as well. I agree though, this season is significantly stronger than last.

Thank you for this thread. I get out of the loop so need help with what is going on in anime.

I'm not a huge Anime fan like I used to be years ago, but I'll still keep an eye on this thread just in case!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So far, most people don't have the same taste as me T-T

MohammadBadir said:
So far, most people don't have the same taste as me T-T

What kind of anime do you like?