Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Random Picture of the day: Soo excited about Yuru Yuri ova's coming this winter!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

God dammit I need my crack. I just discovered Yuuki Yuuna only to find out that I have to wait a whole fucking week for it to continue -.-

I need more awesome Tougou in my life.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Watched Tokyo Ghoul was very entertaining cant wait for season 2.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Random Picture of the day: Maids + Guns = Cute?

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

sundin13 said:
Moyu said:

So what has been your personal AOTY so far guys?

My vote goes to Ping Pong: The animation for going beryond what any sport anime has ever managed to acomplish in my opinion, for having perfect pacing when it comes to story telling and of course a beautiful soundtrack

I've only seen a few new shows this year:

Aldnoah.Zero: 3.5/10
Engaged to the Unidentified: 5/10
Mushishi S2 (Haven't fully caught up yet but): 9.5/10
No Game No Life: 8/10 (this score may fluctuate)

...thats it, so I guess Mushishi easily takes best and Aldnoah easily takes worst :3

PS: While I have yet to see Ping Pong (its on my list! I just haven't gotten around to it!) Chihayafuru will likely be my #1 sports anime for a very long time. Check it out if you haven't...it is wonderful (although it needs more seasons! GRRRRR)

EDIT:

So, I just watched One Week Friends, and I am pleasantly surprised. It was just so darn warm and fluffy and adorable and heart-wrenching. It does pretty much everything amazingly well, although at times it did remind me a little too much of other shows (a dash of Golden Time, a pinch of Usagi Drop etc). If it was a little harder to predict or more original, it would have likely been my favorite show of the year, but as is it ends up sitting just behind Mushishi S2 as my number two show.

9/10

I'll be sure to check Chihayafuru once I'm done with my summer leftovers.

Regarding Isshuukan Friends, trust me, you won't want a S2, the manga in later chapters is... ;-;

Around the Network

Random Picture of the day: Since I missed Pocky day, here is my late picture!

Random Picture of the day: After the rain comes the rainbow!

Overall, really enjoying Fate/Stay UBW, Shingeki no Bahamut, and Parasyte. Gotta be Twintails and Amagi Brilliant Park are also very entertaining. Your Lie in April is fantastic too.

Overall, this has been one of the best seasons for anime in recent memory, at least for me.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

@Vancel
Try out Yuuki Yuuna. My personal highlight this season. it's better than what it seems to be.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
@Vancel
Try out Yuuki Yuuna. My personal highlight this season. it's better than what it seems to be.

Looks interesting, I'll check it out!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC