Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Finally getting around to watching some non airing shows during lockdown, like 6 weeks in, finally finished Bofuri. Princess Connect is my only mid season pickup. I've only had a single show affected by Japan's lockdown (outside of Ranman that I dropped anyway) and that was My Teen Romantic Comedy Season 3 that got postponed before it started. 

"Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day"

"The shortest and fastest route, straight ahead, In a straight line"

Around the Network

The current season is just so relaxing. I have the fewest shows ever picked up in a season and I'm even almost through with Jashin Chan, which was aired in full at the start of the season. That means I can finally tackle my backlog of the past 3 seasons.

Currently watching Doctor Stone which is very entertaining shounen trash.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Finally got around to watching March Comes In Like A Lion S2, finished the bullying arc ... Episode 4 was some of the strongest Shaft work I've ever seen. Finished BNA, another almost great show from Trigger, would have preferred 24 episodes tho but still better than anything they've made since LWA. Also managed to finish some stuff I've been putting on hold for a few years like Love Lab, New Game 1&2 and Symphogear 4&5 with season 5 being a near masterpiece.

Had a feeling I was gonna regret starting Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater, and sure enough it's the most chill show of Spring you can't watch past episode 3 ...

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 13 May 2020

Slice of Life heavyweight and one of the greatest shows of all time Non Non Biyori gets its season 3 confirmed for Winter 2021 titled Non Non Biyori Nonstop, all cast/staff members and the director of NNB & NNBR return. Yuru Camp season 2 and Cells at Work season 2 will be in the same season ... amazing.