By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

*Sound Of Rain said:

Everyone in my family and my friends loved it though so it's just me.

No, it's not just you.  I love the classic RE games.

Mr_No said:

I didn't like how you spent a whole clip on a zombie and more of them appeared, leaving you defenseless.

Dude, you're supposed to avoid what you can.  That's the point of classic survival games.  Conserving ammo is a big part of it.

Mr_No said:

Graphics were bad, but I didn't mind.

Well, to be fair, these were 5th generation games.

Mr_No said:

It's just that the camera was awful; I couldn't go thru the first level.

I really think you should give it another chance.  It may take some getting used to but it kind of grows on you.  Or at least play the first one - It's worth it for the acting alone!

Oddly enough, some people don't like the tank controls, and others don't like the camera angles, but I found that these two things kind of canceled each other out.  The angles could be disconcerting at first, but since forward is always forward no matter where you're facing, you didn't have to change when going from one screen to another.  I've played other games where the angles change but the direction buttons control the direction you move on screen, and I can't stand it.  Once, I had a character keep turning around and going back the other way every time I tried to go to the next area, and I had to keep doing it until I could time it so that I changed direction the instant the next area came on screen.  Ugh!  Not fun.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I might just buy an N64 again if I one day have enough money. The console shouldn't be to expensive but the games will be....

Really?  I would have thought you could get both pretty cheaply these days.

*Sound Of Rain said:

By the way, you are old.

I know.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I'm around the same age as AZWification :P

Fetus!

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Capcom should really got on with making a new rebooted Dino Crisis.

Release it in time to feed off the Jurassic World buzz (aka, within 6 Months of JW) and it will do quite well. We need more dinosaurs in videogames.

I would be here for it.

They better keep it in the horror genre though. I'm not gonna support a run & gun dinosaur game...

*Sound Of Rain said:
sundin13 said:

I have played Dino Crisis though

I never got the chance to beat that since I never owned a PS1...I would like to though.

Yeah, its fun, except the way I play it is probably not what the devs intended. Run around like a madman and map everything in my head, then reset the game and take the optimal route. I rarely end up firing my guns @.@

I have a feeling this thread won't go off Re4 for a while. Wish I had more to say about it but I don't.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I can't decide if I like RE2 or RE3 more though.

I lean towards RE3, if only because the ending was so cool.  Nuke the entire city... BOOM!

*Sound Of Rain said:
sundin13 said:

I have played Dino Crisis though

I never got the chance to beat that since I never owned a PS1...I would like to though.

I liked Dino Crisis.  Another good one if you ever get the chance to play it.

*Sound Of Rain said:

They can put the scariest looking monsters in a game but it goes no where if the setting doesn't feel scary. The music didn't create a sense of dread to me either. That music from RE2 when you first go in the police station is one of my favorite memories in all of gaming.

Ever play the original Silent Hill?  It puts even classic RE to shame in terms of mood and setting.

I don't know if you ever caught my post in the "Favourite Soundtrack" thread, but I talked about the work of Akira Yamaoka, who composed the music in Silent Hill.  Here's the full post, if you're interested...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6445718

And here's the relevant part...

said:

The original Silent Hill had a very "industrial" soundtrack.  It used a lot of metallic, scraping, clanging sounds... that sort of thing.  I recall there being times when I wasn't sure if what I was hearing was music or something in my environment.  It was part of what made the game itself so damned creepy.

Remember going down that alleyway looking for Cheryl?  This is from that part where you're trying to find your way around with just a lighter to see with and you get attacked by those demon children things.  It's from about 1:40 to the end...

Remember that moment when you unlock the back door of the house on Levin Street (the one that takes three keys to open)?  There's that great moment when you step out into the back yard and suddenly everything goes dark.  To this day, this music makes my hair stand on end...

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Around the Network

Which is your favorite FF game, guys? Mine has to be FFIX because it went back to what was very great about FF.. It had lovely visuals, amazing soundtrack, great atmosphere and the battle-system worked pretty well!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Which is your favorite FF game, guys? Mine has to be FFIX because it went back to what was very great about FF.. It had lovely visuals, amazing soundtrack, great atmosphere and the battle-system worked pretty well!

I have a lot of Final Fantasy games ranking way high in my all-time favorite but the one who comes out on top is Final Fantasy VII. I've replayed it recently and I still love it to death. I had forgotten how many small quirky mini-games you encounter during your adventure. The materia system is really fun to tinker with and there's tons of things to do in the end game. Yes it has blocky graphics when you're on the map but the in battle character models are just fine.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
AZWification said:

I have a lot of Final Fantasy games ranking way high in my all-time favorite but the one who comes out on top is Final Fantasy VII. I've replayed it recently and I still love it to death. I had forgotten how many small quirky mini-games you encounter during your adventure. The materia system is really fun to tinker with and there's tons of things to do in the end game. Yes it has blocky graphics when you're on the map but the in battle character models are just fine.

Final Fantasy VII is a good game, but I do think it  is still a tad bit cheesy when it comes to characters..

AZWification said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Final Fantasy VII is a good game, but I do think it  is still a tad bit cheesy when it comes to characters..

I rest my case

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I rest my case

Well, I never said  I like every FFIX character... :-/