By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Nintentacle said:
People seem to be forgetting the delays Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, and DKC got...

people still complained, but because it wasn't a 3rd party thread, the "usual suspects" did not enter the thread to tell NIntendo fans to suck it up.

Around the Network

Torillian said:

Who knows?  All kinds of possibilities on that one.  All I know is that the facebook page is a fanpage and I have no reason to assume that a developer is the one that made that statement.  The writer from Nintendoenthusiast doesn't cite any information that we don't have from the facebook page ourselves, I guess he just didn't check the about page or read Neogaf which is where I heard about this.  Maybe he's taking the weekend off, maybe he cares more about his probably massively popular article's hits than its accuracy, it's tough to say.  

Fair enough. Ill hold off my judgment of this until I hear something more official then. If its just a bad journalist wanting views, then he needs to find another job... Shit like this can really hurt developers.

170 comments because one half-assed journalist quoted a random person on Facebook...
If it wasn't so damn funny, it would have been tragic...people get worked up over slightest things these days...

Burek said:
170 comments because one half-assed journalist quoted a random person on Facebook...
If it wasn't so damn funny, it would have been tragic...people get worked up over slightest things these days...

Well its not like any of it was hard to believe though...

I'm not sure why the title has changed. I've looked into it, and its the authorized fan page. The same place where we found out about the Wii U delay for this game.
And it seems like they have closed the page, probably due to the negative press.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

This game would of never sold well on the WiiU,delayed or not.And he is correct,if you really want it,you would buy it,just like if any other game you wanted got delayed.

REDZONE said:
This game would of never sold well on the WiiU,delayed or not.And he is correct,if you really want it,you would buy it,just like if any other game you wanted got delayed.

Maybe you would, but dont speak for everyone.

KLXVER said:
Burek said:

Well its not like any of it was hard to believe though...

True! That's why, because of today's standards in "journalism" (as a whole, not only gaming), I've made a rule to listen only to official announcements.

All these insiders, whistleblowers, pretenders etc...are getting out of hand big time.

MoHasanie said:
I'm not sure why the title has changed. Its the authorized fan page. The same place where we found out about the Wii U delay for this game.
And it seems like they have closed the page, probably due to the negative press.

Can you prove to me that the developers are the ones who said the statement on this fanpage somehow?  If not then the title change stays.  I'm sure it's a great page to get new information about the game, but it isn't a place where every opinion made can be said to be the developer saying it.  

It was an authorized fanpage, I'm sure Slightly Mad Studios asked them to take it down after all this crappy press, but that isn't indicative that SMS are the ones who actually made the statement.  

KLXVER said:
REDZONE said:

Maybe you would, but dont speak for everyone.

Had Mario Kart got delayed to next year would you still buy it?