By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

The Project CARS delay for the Wii U has angered many fans of the game since it was announced to be originally coming to the system. A delay of “2015″ has hit the Wii U version, while all other versions are still coming in November of 2014. Slightly Mad Studios took to Facebook today to explain the delay, and threw some cheeky comments in for good measure.

“Our devs just need more time to adapt a WiiU version… PS4 and XBoxOne are closer to the PC version.”

If people want a sim race on WiiU, they’ll buy it, even in one more year… If they prefer Mario Kart…”

It’s strange to see the company almost saying that the Wii U audience will just wait for their game, no matter the release date, if they want a sim racer on the system. Is Slighty Mad Studios digging a hole for themselves, or just telling it like it is? 

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/slightly-mad-studios-people-want-race-sim-wii-u-will-buy-even-one-year/

mod edit:  This is not a facebook page for the developers, it's a fan page. - Torillian

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Dw... Just like every other third party, we wont be buying this one either and I am sure that most of the people that wanted Project Cars on the wiiU is probably not gonna bother at all anymore

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

“Our devs just need more time to adapt a WiiU version… PS4 and XBoxOne are closer to the PC version.”

If people want a sim race on WiiU, they’ll buy it, even in one more year… If they prefer Mario Kart…”

Makes sense. They need to downgrade a lot of stuff for the Wii U version. And Watch Dogs proved that downgrades take time and delays games

:p

Ka-pi96 said:
It's true. There isn't any other racing sim releasing on Wii U so if they really want it an extra wait shouldn't bother them.

The wait doesnt bother them. The way they are being treated are...

Ka-pi96 said:
It's true. There isn't any other racing sim releasing on Wii U so if they really want it an extra wait shouldn't bother them.

But it seems like an arrogant thing to say. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The wait doesnt bother them. The way they are being treated are...

Could always be worse. They could be not getting the game at all.

Nice to see you taking the developers side on this.

They seems slightly mad at the people's reaction...

I was going to buy this game just for the effort they apparently put into it, and I barely play racing sims anymore, but now I'll probably skip it.

Damn, thats really dickish... I should not get it at all... Not even the PC version.

But I'm an idiot and will probably end up buying the Wii U version. It's my duty to buy it if it's a good port, lol.

“If people want a sim race on WiiU, they’ll buy it, even in one more year… If they prefer Mario
Kart…”

Honest Translation:

''We actually don't care about the Wii U version, it was a mistake to let it live after we moved the 360 and PS3 version onto 8th gen but we did too much on Wii U to just let it waste so if we have some spare time after everything is done we'll get back to that''

''We have no competition on Wii U so if you want a race sim you're forced to buy our game, no matter whenever the f we decide to launch it lol, or just stick to your arcade racing, whatever, we don't care''