By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If the PS4 wins this gen, consoles will become obsolete

What a strange string of logic. If the PS4 proves that consoles are popular and still viable, than consoles are actually obsolete? Also, you got a lot of faith in the mobile market, as well as mobile tech. It's going to be a few years before we actually get anything in a phone that could play Horizon: Zero Dawn without any cut backs. And with PS5 coming out this year or, more likely now, next year, it'll be decades more before anything can match that.

We do have Stadia announced, now. However, no one knows what kind of speed that's going to need to play competently or even the price. And not everyone has unlimited data to even take advantage of that. Consoles are here for the foreseeable future.



Around the Network

The PS4 winning the console war has been the highlight of my life so far. I thought the PS3 coming back to overtake the X360 was the greatest moment in my life. The PS4 to smash its rivals in the 8th generation console sales war has been the highlight of my entire life. I literally live for console sales wars.



Bit of jealousy that the console of choice be it Wii U or Xbox One had no hope of winning this console sales war. It is sour grapes. You are singing when you are winning but is hard to deal with defeat.



thismeintiel said:
What a strange string of logic. If the PS4 proves that consoles are popular and still viable, than consoles are actually obsolete? Also, you got a lot of faith in the mobile market, as well as mobile tech. It's going to be a few years before we actually get anything in a phone that could play Horizon: Zero Dawn without any cut backs. And with PS5 coming out this year or, more likely now, next year, it'll be decades more before anything can match that.

We do have Stadia announced, now. However, no one knows what kind of speed that's going to need to play competently or even the price. And not everyone has unlimited data to even take advantage of that. Consoles are here for the foreseeable future.

Well I would say no handheld game beats PS2 games, much less PS4. Graphically they could be on par with even PS3, but on the complexity, control, quality of the game and all else they are much bellow.

There are the odd out PUBG and Fortnite on phones, but generally smartphone games are much inferior.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS4 winning the console war has been the highlight of my life so far. I thought the PS3 coming back to overtake the X360 was the greatest moment in my life. The PS4 to smash its rivals in the 8th generation console sales war has been the highlight of my entire life. I literally live for console sales wars.

You re a mighty weird chap.



Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS4 winning the console war has been the highlight of my life so far. I thought the PS3 coming back to overtake the X360 was the greatest moment in my life. The PS4 to smash its rivals in the 8th generation console sales war has been the highlight of my entire life. I literally live for console sales wars.

You re a mighty weird chap.

I feel for him and hope he has many more and different kinds of highlights in his further life.

Ontopic: PS5 might beat PS4 if it has the right preparations and we might see another PS2 in it, sales and gamingwise.