By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart 8 helps Nintendo’s Wii U turn a corner, lifting console sales more than Titanfall or Second Son - MK8 tops 2 million....

If Wii U continues to be sold with MK8 as a bundle, I think there is a chance of it outselling Xbox One in lifetime sales. Nintendo exclusives do a lot for hardware sales. Last gen it seemed like everyone's second (or first) console was a Wii, and I think this generation will likely follow the same trend.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Some wildly over the top assumptions in these articles, but at least it goes a little way to balance all the negative hyperbole the Wii U has had until now. The media have played a significant part in the Wii U's difficulties, it's about time they did something to talk it up.

Works both ways.

Hedra42 said:

Some wildly over the top assumptions in these articles, but at least it goes a little way to balance all the negative hyperbole the Wii U has had until now. The media have played a significant part in the Wii U's difficulties, it's about time they did something to talk it up.

Works both ways.

*nods head in agreement* 

At least Nintendo is garnering positive media attention - it is a small step to reduce the shitty stigma surrounding the console.

Lol the gaming "press" is so dumb. Not just because of this, but just how they all seem to jump on the same bandwagons.

I guess some positive sounding news could help sales, I'm not sure on that one.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:

*nods head in agreement* 

At least Nintendo is garnering positive media attention - it is a small step to reduce the shitty stigma surrounding the console.

One could claim stigma against all the consoles. Technically the word is reserved for more important things like homelessness, mental illness, mental retardation, sickness, drug addiction and other things, but I guess there is a harsh stigma towards the poor Wii U too.

chocoloco said:
mii-gamer said:

*nods head in agreement* 

One could claim stigma against all the consoles. Technically the word is reserved for more important things like homelessness, mental illness, mental retardation, sickness, drtug addiction and other things, but I guess there is a harsh stigma towards the poor Wii U too.

Yeah sorry about that. I used the word a lot in my pre-graduate days (studied teaching) which funnily covers all these issues, so I've must have picked up that habbit.

spurgeonryan said:
phaedruss said:
I guess some positive sounding news could help sales, I'm not sure on that one.

I would feel much better if I was not constantly seeing everyone saying my system was doomed. If I was thinking about getting one, I would not want to have to worry about it being discontinued or something like that.

I see what you mean. I think this is going to be a short generation for all 3 companies, 4-5 years each.

mii-gamer said:

Yeah sorry about that. I used the word a lot in my pre-graduate days (studied teaching) which funnily covers all these issues, so I've must have picked up that habbit.

Studying psychology in college  is part of the reason I am sensitive to the over use of the word. People face all kinds of stigma products do not.

2 million already! Nice! That is a very high attachment rate then

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018