By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO: “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games”

According to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot the pressure is on Nintendo this financial year with the Wii U, as another failed year for the system could cost the company third party support. In an interview with CVG, he had this to say:

“With Mario Kart, Wii U made one step and we expect with Smash Bros. it will also do more. If Nintendo put the right price on the machine then they will probably have a chance to do further,” “We are coming with Watch Dogs and Just Dance this year. We also have another game on the shelves that we expect to come at some point when there will be more machines,” “That game is waiting for more machines to be available,” “We are also waiting for them to achieve more sales so that we can invest more. Because the problem we have with next-gen now here, is that we are seeing less games that are on next-gen and last-gen consoles.” “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games. Justifying investing in the machine needs a larger install base,”

http://nintendoeverything.com/ubisoft-ceo-nintendo-has-to-perform-this-year-otherwise-they-will-have-less-games/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

They're basically demanding a price drop.

Oh Ubisoft...you have gone from one of my favorite developers to one of my least favorite as of late.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

A pricedrop will help so much even without advertising. I believe a lot are still waiting for the "right" price...

Gammalad said:
Oh Ubisoft...you have gone from one of my favorite developers to one of my least favorite as of late.

Why?? They are still giving the Wii U games. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Well this business is about making money, so it wouldn't really be surprising if Ubisoft abandons the Wii U.

Less than present? That's possible?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MoHasanie said:
Gammalad said:

Why?? They are still giving the Wii U games. 

It all started with delaying Raymond Legends, after that it was the whole Watch Dogs debacle on how they nerfed the games graphics, then after that it was not bringing any of their AAA titles to Wii U, then the nail in the coffin was the fact they have a Wii U game, but they want to sit on it and not use it to help the Wii U install base if the game is as good as they are saying it is.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Their argument is flawed as fuck, are they giving up the Xbox One while it's currently in third place ? Nope. Of course they go on thinking they can sell better on One than on Wii U, but they're to blame on Wii U, they delay games, say craps, and then complaint. If they just released games same time and with a decent advertisement too it would sell better, but now it is too late, they somehow pissed most people on Wii U even if the Wii U performs well, Ubi's game aside from Just Dance have little chances to perform good.

I really like the games Ubisoft made and makes. After being really angry about the bad treatment I don't care for 3rd party developers anymore because I am planning to buy a PC for these games so I am still happy with Nintendo and the 3rd parties.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.