Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie’s Thoughts on Wii U Outselling The PS4 and Xbox One

Skidonti said:
outlawauron said:

Them being here never changed the fact that Nintendo is most present on this site. As one of the few people who have still stuck around since the early days of the site, it has always been and always will be.

From the couple of years I've seen I'd agree there is always a lot of Nintendo discussion and its fans are probably the largest section of active users.

Why do you think that is here? Chance? Did excitement about numbers from the Wii draw them in to this site?

Wii was definitely the reason. PS3 was doing awful and the 360 was holding its own, while Wii was breaking records. With Twilight Princess as a launch title, there were quite a few out and about. The DS always did well and by the time the 3DS recovered, it made up for the early death of the Wii and the Wii U struggles.



"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The great thing about what he said is that it is 100% correct. The reactions are funny.



oniyide said:

that makes no sense. If active Sony users left and Ninty ones stayed that means. that there are more Nintendo users. Thats common sense.

No, because there have always been more Sony fans since I've joined. I wasn't a  user before the end of 2012, but ever since I've joined, Sony fans were the most. Just cause the most active people on this site have left doesn't mean the Sony fans have just disappeared. 



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Back to the point of the thread... can we now change Nintendo's *official* estimates for the fiscal year to match Sony's for the PS4?? Since he says this IS going to be a three horse race. :P



Skidonti said:
outlawauron said:
 

Them being here never changed the fact that Nintendo is most present on this site. As one of the few people who have still stuck around since the early days of the site, it has always been and always will be.

From the couple of years I've seen I'd agree there is always a lot of Nintendo discussion and its fans are probably the largest section of active users.

Why do you think that is here? Chance? Did excitement about numbers from the Wii draw them in to this site?

thats what I'd guess. some of the more active users in Wii's golden days have either dissapeared or dont post as much.



Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
oniyide said:

that makes no sense. If active Sony users left and Ninty ones stayed that means. that there are more Nintendo users. Thats common sense.

No, because there have always been more Sony fans since I've joined. I wasn't a  user before the end of 2012, but ever since I've joined, Sony fans were the most. Just cause the most active people on this site have left doesn't mean the Sony fans have just disappeared. 

as someone who has been a user longer than you and a lurker even longer. Im telling you you are wrong. 



EdHieron said:
DarkD said:
EdHieron said:Microsoft and Sony never lied when the Wii was winning.  They just said they were far more powerful machines with many more times the better games than Wii, and they were telling the truth.

 


and you actually believe that....  You must live in a very special place then.  Take "The Last Guardian" for example... Oh wait you live in a special world where people don't realize they're being lied too.  I can't show you this link either

http://bgr.com/2014/03/05/killzone-shadow-fall-1080p-playstation-4/

because it exposes Sony's marketing lies...  

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/m4ndat0ry_1nstall/516345

Another link that you probably can't understand because it explains how Sony lies to people....  Damn...

 

The PS3 was a vastly more powerful console than the 6.5 gen Wii just as PS4 is a vastly more powerful console than the 7.5 gen Wii U.  And the PS3 had dramatically better games than Wii.  Just in this decade alone "Journey" and "The Last of Us" won Overall Game of the Year honors and in 2010 "Uncharted II" won Overall Game of the Year.  When was the last time a Nintendo game did that?  1991?  Lastly, "The Last Guardian" is still on its way.  The end.

Super Mario Galaxy, on Wii.



My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

TheLastStarFighter said:
The great thing about what he said is that it is 100% correct. The reactions are funny.


it is correct, but also misguided and dilusional...when you facotr in the extra year on the market for wii-u...................



Orepheus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
The great thing about what he said is that it is 100% correct. The reactions are funny.


it is correct, but also misguided and dilusional...when you facotr in the extra year on the market for wii-u...................


No, actually, it's not.  When going forward, all that matters is the present.  If sales pick up today for Wii U and slow down for PS4, the time up to this point will be completely irrelevant.



TheLastStarFighter said:
Orepheus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
The great thing about what he said is that it is 100% correct. The reactions are funny.


it is correct, but also misguided and dilusional...when you facotr in the extra year on the market for wii-u...................


No, actually, it's not.  When going forward, all that matters is the present.  If sales pick up today for Wii U and slow down for PS4, the time up to this point will be completely irrelevant.

If unicorns were real, what in gods name will make that happen? The third party support alone for ps4 makes this impossible, also, sales up to this point, historicla trends, market awareness do matter.

 

Wii-u is nealy 2 years old, there is nothing that is going to turn it around and nothing to make ps4 slow down, heck ps4 has not even hit a cheap mass market price yet.