By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BREAKING NEWS: “Game Over” For Game Stop Gunmen

Some of the people on this forum are so naive and idealistic. It's adorable.

Around the Network

Man, people defending an armed robbers rights. I guess, like GAF, VGC has a defense force for everything.

Did this guy really rob a store at gun point for GAMES!? Fucking pathetic. How low has humanity fallen.

Damn. This thread is war zone. If I knew this will happen then I would never posted it in the first place.

This is interesting

1. How did the CHL holder "fear for his life" when it doesn't even seem like the robbers ever noticed him?

2. If no gunshots were heard, it may be because the criminals were not killers but I understand it comes with the territory

3. The CHL holder could've have gotten his own medicine easily if another one of his kind saw him shoot and reacted instinctively without knowing the context....this is a slippery slope

4. Simply writing down the license plate number would have accomplished the same goal with no deaths.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

"4. Simply writing down the license plate number would have accomplished the same goal with no deaths."

Yawn, what good is a license plate to a stolen car going help with--they are thieves after all :0.

So all that would have done was allow the robbers a clean get away and most likely on to their next heist since most thieves don't stop until someone forces them to.

Quick note:

If claims are true it sounds like this robber had a rap sheet and beat a murder charge once already. Will be able to confirm once the police releases the name but it sounds like the marine did us a favor.

Also, just because the guy hops in doesn't mean he isn't still shooting, he could have been trying to escape or he could have just been trying to get more ammo and guns (both were found in the car). :0

PDF said:
Yeah, this doesn't make me feel any safer. An armed civilian population is as good as and idea of giving all the countries of the world nuclear weapons.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/pro-gun-myths-fact-check

A very educational article. And very frightening. Especially the fact about each person owning 7.9 weapons on average. Scary, unless you're an octopus, then it's reasonable...

ymeegod said:
"4. Simply writing down the license plate number would have accomplished the same goal with no deaths."

Yawn, what good is a license plate to a stolen car going help with--they are thieves after all :0.

So all that would have done was allow the robbers a clean get away and most likely on to their next heist since most thieves don't stop until someone forces them to.

Sure, and what of the store cameras? UPC codes of the stolen xboxes? Petty robbers like this almost always get caught so I just don't see the need for Vigilante justice. What if he hadn't killed the robber with a sneak attach and the street was enveloped in crossfire?

See a lot could've easily gone wrong with this whole scenario but what bothers me is still the fact that the guy's life was not in danger...more like he wanted to play vigilante. I also think personally that anyone who can take another's life so easily is a danger to the public just by virtue of placing so little value on human life. This is one of the reasons I avoid police like the plague despite being an upstanding citizen.

No, games are not worth killing over. The store was probably going to get compensated by insurance anyway.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ymeegod said:

So the fact that they could have gone to commit another robbery before getting caught to you is more important than the potential for innocent bystanders to get hit in the cross fire or a hostage situation developing inside the store?
The police advise is cooperate, let them leave, lock the door, wait until the police arrives. The police will also not enter the store until the thieves are gone, not to escalate the situation. To them lives are more important than catching the criminals red handed. (Ofcourse they seem to forget that when it comes to car chases)