By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not showing off any Wii U/3DS games at this year’s E3 . No Just Dance 2015 ? o.O

That's ok Ubi, I'm not sure we need you anyway.

Around the Network

I have about as many ubisoft games on my wii u as 1st party nintendo games. They've been a significant part of my wii U experience.

Although this is partly because they've had special offers and price reductions on the wii U estore for a number of games whilst most companies prices have been static and extremely high.

Never said:

I have about as many ubisoft games on my wii u as 1st party nintendo games. They've been a significant part of my wii U experience.

Although this is partly because they've had special offers and price reductions on the wii U estore for a number of games whilst most companies prices have been static and extremely high.

Similar situation here, I have 3 of their games and I have really enjoy them, I will really miss them.

Seece said:
POE said:
I don´t care. Their games are horrible anyways.

lol no. Rayman, Prince of Persia, certain Splinter Cell games, certain Assassins Creed games, Child of Light, Division all are/look awesome. Watchdogs doesn't look horrible either.

Lol yes. They are horrible to me.

Considering that Just Dance sells the most on Wii U of all next gen consoles, they'd have to be nuts to not release it there. They're either not making Just Dance 2015, or they're not showing it at all. I'm surprised they're not showing Watch Dogs, as it's supposed to be slightly different from the other versions to take advantage of Wii U's unique features, but I suppose that doesn't really warrant E3 floor time, especially so soon after the launch of the normal versions. It might mean it's canceled, but it might just mean they want to announce it later. I don't blame them for not bothering with Assassin's Creed. The audience for it is mostly on the other two systems,

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Considering that Just Dance sells the most on Wii U of all next gen consoles, they'd have to be nuts to not release it there. They're either not making Just Dance 2015, or they're not showing it at all. I'm surprised they're not showing Watch Dogs, as it's supposed to be slightly different from the other versions to take advantage of Wii U's unique features, but I suppose that doesn't really warrant E3 floor time, especially so soon after the launch of the normal versions. It might mean it's canceled, but it might just mean they want to announce it later. I don't blame them for not bothering with Assassin's Creed. The audience for it is mostly on the other two systems,

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=just+dance+2014&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

By a paltry amount, and then when you consider that it's sold at a discount for WiiU vs full retail price for XB1 and PS4, it likely doesn't make Ubi any extra money.

As soon as the Wii version (and 360) dry up, the franchise will probably die a quick death.

Seece said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=just+dance+2014&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

By a paltry amount, and then when you consider that it's sold at a discount for WiiU vs full retail price for XB1 and PS4, it likely doesn't make Ubi any extra money.

As soon as the Wii version (and 360) dry up, the franchise will probably die a quick death.

Yeah, admittedly, sales for the series have plummetted drastically, thus why I considered it possible that they might not be making one. If they do make a 2015, it'll likely end up being the last one. Come to think of it, they'd likely make it for last gen systems too, and they'd have definitely released a Wii version, so maybe this does indeed confirm that the franchise is dead. I can't say I'm sad about that.

HylianSwordsman said:
Seece said:

Yeah, admittedly, sales for the series have plummetted drastically, thus why I considered it possible that they might not be making one. If they do make a 2015, it'll likely end up being the last one. Come to think of it, they'd likely make it for last gen systems too, and they'd have definitely released a Wii version, so maybe this does indeed confirm that the franchise is dead. I can't say I'm sad about that.

It's certainly plummeting.

On Wii:

2011: 9.9m
2012: 6.9m
2013: 3m

There will definitely be a version this year, doing 1.8m~ on Wii and 800k on all other platforms combined. Year after that under 1.5m all combined. They'll keep making it until it goes below like 600k, they're probably realtively cheap to make and license the songs. So I kinda take back what I said, I do think in a couple of years tho they will lose all importance/selling power.

Seece said:

It's certainly plummeting.

On Wii:

2011: 9.9m
2012: 6.9m
2013: 3m

There will definitely be a version this year, doing 1.8m~ on Wii and 800k on all other platforms combined. Year after that under 1.5m all combined. They'll keep making it until it goes below like 600k, they're probably realtively cheap to make and license the songs. So I kinda take back what I said, I do think in a couple of years tho they will lose all importance/selling power.

They've more or less lost most of their selling power anyway, and if they do nothing to hype or advertise it, sales will only plummet faster. If they are indeed making it and just not showing it at all, I could see JD2016 being the last.

I often wonder if there's just a really honest reason for all this shit marketing and commitment from Ubi and other third parties:

It makes Nintendo's efforts look outstanding by comparison.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3