By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
-CraZed- said:

Not sure where your DRM argument comes in to play for this specific title. The real issue here is the overall value for the PS+ version seemingly sucks versus the retail copy. Or even that the unaware PS+ subsrciber might not know that after spending $50 they may lose all access to it when they let their subscription expire, which happens to all DLC sales on PS+.

I also think we are missing out on whether the entire game is played online and requires a PS+ subscription to play either the retail or the PS+ version. If so I think this whole thing is a wash.

At this point it seems that Sony is treating it as a full title and the rest as DLC which seems like a pretty bad deal to me but nothing to be getting all up in arms over.

Obviously its not as egregious as the DRM fiasco, but it is in the same vein. The game has single player and multiplayer aspects, the multiplayer requires PS+. I have no issue with any of this. The PS+ version is inaccessible without PS+, again I have no issue with this.

What I do have issue with is the fact, that this upgrade option is a farce. You are not upgrading to the full edition of the game as advertised, it is is simply the PS+ version with more content at 10$ discount. So it is not equivalent to the retail copy at all. You need PS+ to play single player in a "full" copy of the game. This is the essence of the DRM that MS tried last summer. It might not be always online, but the priciple is the same. You don't own the game, you own the license. 

Just because you are given the option, doesn't make it ok. Neither does it matter that this is for a single game, Cause I guarantee you at least one person won't question this and blissfully upgrade the game. They might not even ever find out that it is unplayable with plus. But the issue is one of principle.

As for those who are simply dismissing me based of off post history, or just refusing to understand the issue that is your perogative.

I for one refuse to be hypocritical, and compromise my morals or integrity simply because of some allegiance to Sony. I do not discriminate. If you actually paid attention to my serious posts, you would find this to be consistent.

The outcry against MGS:GZ by outsiders, who weren't even intrested in the game or understood that fans requested, for "the dangeous prescedent it could set" pales in comparison to the dangerous prescedent that this could set.

What about when Sony figures that physical distribution is too expensive, and offers this as an alternative? Will it be serious then?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

That really is a crappy purchase model that Ps4 owners should protest against. If Driveclub gets away with it, what's stopping Sony from doing it with other games? This is a form of DRM if you think about. If your internet goes out, there is no way to play the game you payed for.

smroadkill15 said:
That really is a crappy purchase model that Ps4 owners should protest against. If Driveclub gets away with it, what's stopping Sony from doing it with other games? This is a form of DRM if you think about. If your internet goes out, there is no way to play the game you payed for.

buy the game 

it cost $60 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:

dont waste your time with him just see his post history.

Is that your response everytime someone offers a counterargument you don't like?

You cannot justify it so instead you try to attack me Ad Hominem?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

FATALITY said:
smroadkill15 said:

buy the game 

it cost $60 

I know how it works. The PS+ version is still ridiculous anyway you spin it. 

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:

I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you, judging by your attitude it seems you are mad over something else that isn't this, and judging by your sig and your previous post I think i know what it is.

Oh please oh wise intention detective!

What is my agenda today?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
FATALITY said:

dont waste your time with him just see his post history.

Is that your response everytime someone offers a counterargument you don't like?

You cannot justify it so instead you try to attack me Ad Hominem?

yeah i ''sonynet'' am attacking you

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

smroadkill15 said:

Can people not read?

How is this so hard to understand? I already summed it up a few pages back, it's exactly like I said. It's an option on top of the usual ways of buying the game. Normally there are 2, here there are 3, including those traditional 2.

smroadkill15 said:
FATALITY said:
smroadkill15 said:

buy the game 

it cost $60 

I know how it works. The PS+ version is still ridiculous anyway you spin it. 

he what?

you can buy the game at 60

or u can download the free version

there is nothing to spin

the game is not free.

Something isn't right. This does not sound viable. I'm going to wait until I read the official upgrade proposal before I judge. It just doesn't make any real sense.

The only explanation I can come up with otherwise would be if Drive Club is an 'online only' game, in which case you would have to have PS+ anyway and the whole complaint is moot.