By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Anti-Consumer indeed... This generation continues to worry me as to how bad things might get with all these Cash Grab Tactics... This is literally, still the beginning of the generation and we are getting nonsense like this already! I really hope that stuff like this will stop in the future but I highly doubt it

Edit: What the fuck, why is everything slanted?

Maybe you should sit up straight!

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:
it's just an option
buy the full game if you don't want the limitation
save 10 bucks if you don't mind the limitation

simple. No problem.

Buy all the character's if you don't want to only play Jago

save money if you don't mind only playing Jago

simple. No problem.

what..?

that is not what's going on with Driveclub at all.

:|

that is exactly what is going on with Driveclub.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Don't buy the game that way, simple as that, there is literally nothing standing in your way of getting the game without this whole PS Plus deal.

If this upgrade thing isn't successful for Sony then they won't try it again.

Also giving people an option is not anti-consumer.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

|

that is exactly what is going on with Driveclub.

What would happen if there was no upgrade option at all?

1 - PS+ edition "free" for PS+ subscribers
2 - Full game for people who... buy the full game.

With the upgrade, what's the situation

2 - Full game for people who... buy the full game
3 - If for some reason you want to save 10 bucks and don't mind having the game tied to the subscription, you upgrade instead of buying the full game

So yes, like Evolution said, it is merely an additional option. There is no harm for the consumers.

No doubt it's a bad deal but this article is making it sound like Sony killed a kitten, until this becomes a theme I'm not too worried.

Around the Network

Even if it's not as anti-consumer as the article implies it is, this tactic seems really bad.
Better wait up for this game to hit the bargain bin, or even so buy the 60$ version since its way cheaper than the upgrade option in the long term.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Porcupeth said:

What would happen if there was no upgrade option at all?

2 - Full game for people who... buy the full game.

With the upgrade, what's the situation

2 - Full game for people who... buy the full game
3 - If for some reason you want to save 10 bucks and don't mind having the game tied to the subscription, you upgrade instead of buying the full game

So yes, like Evolution said, it is merely an additional option. There is no harm for the consumers.

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option. I don't give a damn about those who know about the option. Those who are ignorant, will be taken advantage of. Their is no benefit to them, this is sketchy as fuck. Offer the upgrade from PS+ without the subscription requirement, or better yet make the PS+ version a demo for all consumers.

This is the same kind of defense of what Xbox did last summer. You either don't understand/fathom the ramifcations of this or you are simply a hypocrit.

MS Fans know that I will be on their case for the sh1t they let MS pull over the years, this is no exception. Its a bad deal undoubtedly, a bad option that is worse than no option at all.

DC psn+ was the worst decision that sony ever made.
nobody ask for that, they were trying to be nice and give a small part of the game to their fans
now the ungrateful fans are acting like they should get a AAA game for free.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

It's a stupid idea, so don't take them up on the offer. Buy the full game through retail or digital. Vote with your wallets people. Sony will hear the message loud and clear and we can avoid this kind of crap in the future.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Not really anti-consumerist since the disc version is still there.
Its just that the 'upgrade' option is a massive rip off.
They would have been ok if this upgrade wasnt even announced.