By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Porcupeth said:
welp, we might as well just not write anything on the store page whatsoever, not even the price, or the name of the game! just some random button that people will press because they don't want to read anything

"bought a 80gb game for my 40gb ps3? FUUUUUUU Sony, i don't read store pages, you are evil"

"this game cost me 60€? but my random friend told me it was 40€, FUUUU Sony you are evil, i don't read store pages"

My opinion has swayed, I think we should really protect these people.

Where were you here?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180254&page=1#

I could literally, replace Sony with Microsoft and your post would fit perfectly with those defending MS.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Its a fucking choice, you are not forced into buying a PLUS dependent DClub.

Buy the disk, problem solved LOL hard ain't it.

I think people need to get real about PSN and XBox Live. They cost money to develop and maintain. In each case it is a service which should not be free if you want it to be a quality service. I have never had any qualms about paying for XBox Live because of the host of benefits that it brought to the table. PSN is now a quality service too but if you want it to continue to compete with XBox Live, Sony needs the money to invest in it, and it can no longer afford to divert the funds from other sources of revenue.

Sony needs to encourage people to pay for PSN so you can expect more of this.

BeElite said:
Its a fucking choice, you are not forced into buying a PLUS dependent DClub.

Buy the disk, problem solved LOL hard ain't it.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option.

Stopped after this first sentence.... That was EXACTLY the argument used against MS. The fact that it was REQUIRED online connection

I don't think you know what DRM means.

It stands for Digital Rights Management, for 10$ you give sony your right to own the game. DRM, end of story.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:
welp, we might as well just not write anything on the store page whatsoever, not even the price, or the name of the game! just some random button that people will press because they don't want to read anything

"bought a 80gb game for my 40gb ps3? FUUUUUUU Sony, i don't read store pages, you are evil"

"this game cost me 60€? but my random friend told me it was 40€, FUUUU Sony you are evil, i don't read store pages"

Where were you here?

I could literally, replace Sony with Microsoft and your post would fit perfectly with those defending MS.

Not at all because this is entirely optional and MS was forcing things down people's throats, like they still are forcing the 100 bucks Kinect.

Around the Network

I will not be playing the free version or buying this game retail unless this is a mistake and clarified. I was looking forward to it too.  The simple point of this is, if people support this particular version, meaning the PS+ upgrade version tied to subscription but also paid for, they are telling Sony that this type of business practice and ethic is acceptable.  It spells huge problems down the road.  It would be the exact same as if people didn't rage and not pre-order X1 because of the pre-180 practices they tried to pull over on everyone.

Porcupeth said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:

Where were you here?

Not at all because this is entirely optional and MS was forcing things down people's throats, like they still are forcing the 100 bucks Kinect.

Now comes Xbox One, which in turn, does even more to "trick" consumers into things they will surely regret.

source: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180254&page=1#

No sane person would buy the PS+ Upgrade unless they don't know better (ignorant), they really value 10$, or they do not want the physical copy(some people are going digital only).

For the first they are being taken advantage of. Just like MS has been doing for years, hence the thread title and OPs article.

The Latter is even worse, because that touted "choice" does not exist for them. For them the game they paid for is locked behind a paywall.

This is a truly dangerous prescedent.

soulfly666 said:
I will not be playing the free version of buying this game unless this is a mistake and clarified. I was looking forward to it.

play the free version or buy the game. there is no DRM.

edit: OP, the game is NOT locked behind a paywall. You are trolling and I can't believe the thread is still going.

@Dr Killinger -- however in regards to KI ,, if your xbox one gold subscription ends,, you still keep the full game which is different from Driveclub. You need to keep having your ps plus to keep playing the game. It shoulldn't be a requirement to keep your psn plus accoun alive just to play the game after you have upgraded your free version digitally. Once you buy it should be yours permanently.

o wow.. do people really expect to have ps+ for the rest of their lives? I mean.. don't people expect that gaming will take a backseat later in life? Work, Wife, kids .. heck I'm glad when I game like 2 hours a week, which I most of the time don't even get to.. Are people even aware that the price of any subscription can go up? (look at Netflix) What if in 3 years PS+ costs 100 dollars a year.. will you still keep it so you can play those games you upgraded to a full version?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)