By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Do you Expect From the Next Pokemon Generation?

Zekkyou said:
MohammadBadir said:

Gen 5 was an "optimized" Gen 4, and Gen 2, to a lesser extent, was an "optimized" Gen 1, I want Gen 7 to be an "optimized" Gen 6,

I want the game to look a lot better,

I want the loading times (especially the lag when going into a battle) to be eliminated,

I want more new mechanics,

I want REAL post game content,

I want a more serious storyline (Gen 6 dissappointed in that regard, Gen 5 did it best),

I want REAL rivals (like Green, Silver and N, not the "childhood friend/s" bullshit that got old in Gen 4, I want a rival/s that makes you feel that they are a geniuine challenge/hate your guts, unlike May, Barry, and the other guys that made you feel like you're having a play date rather than a Pokemon fight),

I want Shinies to actually be rare like the good ol' Gen 1/2/3 days, before chaining and the shiny charm and other bullshit came into the scene,

I want Shiny restriction to go to freaking die off,

I want transferring Pokemon from Gen 6 to be fucking free and include the item that it was holding (is this really too much to ask for? seriously, transferring Pokemon from 1 Gen to another gets worse and worse as time goes on, Gen 1 to Gen 2 let you "trade" your Pokemon and back (with an item too), Gen 2 didn't have transfers to Gen 3 so ignore this one, Gen 3 to Gen 4 let you transfer your Pokemon with an item one-way only, Gen 4 to 5 let you transfer your Pokemon one-way only and without items, and Gen 5 to 6 requires a paid subscribtion that a lot of people won't even need),

I want Ruby/Sapphire remakes, it's been long overdue.

These are all things that can happen, some of them more than others though.

This guy knows what's up.

Glad you agree.

Around the Network

Ability to fight the gym leaders and elite four at a higher level a 2nd time.

Basil's YouTube Channel

A real open world would be nice along with full on character customization as soon at you start.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Difficulty options
At least 100 new monsters
More mega evolutions, especially for Raichu and Zoroark
No more grid based movement
Rent Pokemon for online play

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata