By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You’ll Reach Destiny’s Max Level in “Only a Few Hours”

If the endgame or amount of content is high then it doesn't matter if it takes a few hours to get to max lvl. Just like how mmorpg lvling is really bad

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Around the Network

I don't need level up to be fair in a shooter.

Not sure about this but currently the game doesn't seem to be great in any way.

Its cool. U either got skill or u don't.

mjk45 said:
If that's the case why even have a level up system .

Good point!

If it doesn't mean or change much, then why bother at all?

Or perhapse it will be a 'wait until discounted game.'

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Don't see why it needs a level-up system then. Almost every time outside of RPGs, a level-up system is a crutch to pad out content

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I have to see it in action before I can honestly judge it.

padib said:
Zappykins said:

Good point!

Having a bit of leveling up is different from having no leveling up. You still enjoy that sense of seeing your character improve, here it just doesn't take forever.

Well, it will really depend how it goes.  It might be fun, or just some annoying things you have to do when you first start playing the game.  

Plus what do you do when the goals are gone?  I know many people who are really into WOW just keep making new characters.  It takes a LONG time, but they will have many characters at full level by playing through everything.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

padib said:
Zappykins said:
mjk45 said:
If that's the case why even have a level up system .

Good point!

Having a bit of leveling up is different from having no leveling up. You still enjoy that sense of seeing your character improve, here it just doesn't take forever.

There is still some space between "few hours" and "taking forever"... It's not only black and white. There are enough examples of games where a level-up system is well made and implemented.

walsufnir said:

There is still some space between "few hours" and "taking forever"... It's not only black and white. There are enough examples of games where a level-up system is well made and implemented.

I thought borderlands did a great job as the story pretty well progressed with the level of your character, and playing with friends helped that as well. Also I never fealt I really had to farm for items in that game as I got most items pretty fluidly. I really don't like the max level cap -> must farm for better gear play style of games like DCUO, & FFXIV, (and somewhat warframe). So if the item progression is pretty natural say more like dead space, or dead nation, where the item progression come pretty naturally as you play through the story than it could work out really well in Destiny.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date