By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You’ll Reach Destiny’s Max Level in “Only a Few Hours”

esterday, an embargo was lifted for a plethora of media coverage for Destiny. With so much information coming out it’s only right that certain pieces were lost. A Destiny forum has come across some rather interesting information regarding the max level for characters, however.

If you were expecting to be grinding for quite some time to reach the max level for your Guardian in Destiny, you’re wrong. It appears that it’ll take “only a few hours” to reach the max level, with the effort being focused on obtaining better armor and weapons.

The social intent of the game cannot be overstated. Indeed, leveling up each character to max takes only a few hours – Bungie doesn’t want you to start the game then realize you have weeks of grind to put in before you can play against friends on a higher level. “You level cap quickly, but once you’re there the game is more about equipping the gear that lets you go deeper into the game,” says Green. “There are more strikes, there are raids, there are higher levels of PvP if you equip better weapons and armor.

“Equipping better abilities in Focus is a longer-tail process that takes some time. I think the game actually develops very naturally towards the level cap: players earn experience as they complete activities and kill things, and once they reach the point at which that stops, they’ve already moved on to the gear collection game, which is about doing activities and looking at what’s available to them in the tower. It’s similar to Diablo in that its about moving on to horizontal growth – trying new abilities, new builds, new weapons.”

It’s an interesting choice, but Destiny seems to focused around social efforts and allowing players to enjoy the game in both short and long bursts. The comparison made above in regards to horizontal growth makes sense, but shooters have typical stayed away from that path.

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/04/29/youll-reach-destinys-max-level-hours/

Around the Network

Yea, i heard..this kind of blows :-/

Praise the One.

As long as the level of content is huge, I don't really care about level caps.

Well this is not a problem exactly.If Destiny have a system like classic halo where the ability of the player makes the difference,then fuck the level up speed.

If that's the case why even have a level up system .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Disappointing, like most of modern gaming.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I'm ok with this.

Good, getting awesome low level gear in games like Borderlands or Diablo is annoying. What a waste.

Makes me wonder why there are even levels at all.

so it sounds like the leveling up is a tutorial and then when your at max your ready to play the game and progress via equipment

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz